CM Punk Talks About The Royal Rumble, Working With Paul Heyman, Ending The Streak & More
Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com scored another exclusive interview with WWE Champion CM Punk this week and spoke to him about a number of topics, including Sunday’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view, The Rock, the status of his surgically repaired knee, whether he plans on taking time off soon, working with Paul Heyman and much more. Here are some highlights:
– Punk says he probably came back to soon from his knee surgery. He revealed the injury took place at Night of Champions in September during his WWE Title defense against John Cena. He said the knee is “alright” but called it “stupid” that he came back so soon after surgery.
– He wishes he could take time off, but it’s not realistic at this point, with WWE is entering the most lucrative season of the year.
– He might attend the UFC on Fox event this Saturday in Chicago before traveling to Phoenix for the Royal Rumble.
– He loves working with Paul Heyman and they text each other saying “Thank you” after working shows together.
– Punk also played up the rumor that he’ll be wrestling The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29. Helwani asked a “favor” of Punk, for him to retain the WWE Championship this Sunday at the Royal Rumble and then end the streak on April 7th. Punk replied, “Absolutely. 100 percent. Consider it done.”
Check out the full video interview below: