Tonight on Impact Wrestling the promotion airs their second show from the set of April TV tapings. The company held the tapings in Orlando in the days following their Redemption PPV on April 22nd, 2018.
An X-Division title match, 2 big Knockouts matches, and Brian Cage beginning a world tour all take place tonight on Impact.
Impact Wrestling Preview (3/5/18)
X-Division Championship Match
Matt Sydal (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori
- The last time these two met with the X-Division title on the line, Sydal picked up the victory at Crossroads.
- Now, the former champion, Ishimori, will look to regain his title belt.
- Sydal most recently defended the title successfully against Petey Williams at Redemption.
Rosemary vs Su Yung
- Fans of Impact’s Knockouts division might be looking forward to this match more than anything else tonight.
- The undead bride attempted to attack Allie last week, but the Demon Assassin, Rosemary, showed up to protect her bunny-loving friend.
- This week the Undead Bride battles the Demon Assassin in one-on-one action.
Taya Valkyrie vs. Kiera Hogan
- In a rematch from Redemption, Kiera Hogan will look to avenge her recent loss to Taya Valkyrie.
- After defeating Hogan at Redemption, Taya was given a title shot against Allie but was defeated last week. She might need a win here to get back into the title picture.
- Hogan is moving up in the Knockouts division. She seemed to have some choice words for the debuting Tessa Blanchard recently as well.
Brian Cage World Tour Begins
- On a recent Impact Wrestling media call, Josh Matthews announced Brian Cage will be starting a world tour.
- This could be wrong, but it sounds as though each week Impact will be airing a match of Cage’s as he travels to different promotions. The plans are currently for him to wrestle matches in Japan, Canada, and Australia.
- Cage is still undefeated since arriving in Impact earlier this year.
Drago, Fantasma, and Aerostar vs. DJZ, Desmond Xavier, and Andrew Everett
- It’s Lucha Underground versus Impact Wrestling’s X-Division in this match.
- Impact has also announced this match will be conducted under Lucha Libre rules, meaning teammates do not have to tag a partner in order to enter the match.