Jeff Hardy’s first court hearing stemming from his 9/11 arrest for drug trafficking will take place on Wednesday morning, September 30th. Here is a summary of the charges brought against the former WWE superstar:
- Felony possession of cocaine.
- Felony drug trafficking of opium
- Two counts of felony possession with intent to redistribute a Schedule III drug
- Maintaining a dwelling for drug use and/or distribution (also a felony)
- Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia
It’s worth noting that the drug trafficking charges brought against Hardy are a result of the sheer quantity of drugs found at his home. Should Hardy be able to provide a legitimate prescription for some or all the painkillers found, those charges could be reduced or dropped entirely.
The day of his arrest, Hardy promised to make a statement regarding the situation, but since then his comments have been limited to thanking his fans for their support on Twitter.