Jerry Lawler Talks about His Return To The Ring This Weekend
WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler returns to the ring this weekend for the first time since suffering a heart attack on Monday Night RAW last year. Lawler has been medically cleared to compete, and will be participating in an 8-person inter-gender tag team match at the !BANG! TV Sound Stage in Ocala, Florida.
Here are the participants for the match:
Jerry “The King” Lawler, Dory Funk Jr., Johnny Magnum and Jessica Power-House Hill vs. Cory “Wild” Weston, Quinton “Drop-Back” Hitchcock, Romero Youngblood and Hollywood Heather
Lawler spoke to Ocala.com said this about his decision to get back in the ring:
“[My doctor] said everything looked great, that I was good to go,” said Lawler. “I asked if I can go back to doing what I’ve always done, and he said it wouldn’t be a problem, that it actually should be good because it will be cardio work, which is good for me. Anything to get my heart rate up. I asked if taking a body slam would be an issue. He said nothing like that would affect my heart.”
Lawler revealed that he is still dealing with a memory loss issues stemming from the heart attack – and it should show everybody that even somebody that never used drugs, smoked cigarettes or drank alcohol that you can still have a fatal heart attack.