Mae Young Hospitalized With Failing Health
WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young was hospitalized in the past week and there are reports that she has entered hospice care.
The 90 year old legend had previously been scheduled to appear at Monday’s Old School RAW. Our thoughts & prayers are with Mae Young and her family.
Here are some interesting facts about the incredible life of Mae Young, courtesy of Reddit user The_Pale_Blue_Dot:
- Mae Young is the only person in history to have documented matches in nine different decades. Her first match was in 1939 and her latest match was in 2010.
- She is the oldest living professional wrestler
- She also holds the record of being the oldest person to ever have a wrestling match, at age 87.
- She is the oldest member of the WWE Hall of Fame
- She trained on an all-boys team in 1935
- She would later train the Fabulous Moolah
- She lived with Fabulous Moolah and Katie Glass from 1991 up until Moolah’s death in 2007. Glass and Moolah had already been living together for 40 years, since Glass was 17.