Ring of Honor held TV tapings this weekend in Chicago. Those episodes will probably not begin airing until after the “Best in the World” PPV on June 23rd.
This week, ROH TV was once again from Philadelphia, having been taped the night after the War of the Worlds PPV. The main event for the show was Adam Cole taking on Bullet Club’s Hangman Page. Next week, Kushida defends the TV title against the newest member of Bullet Club, Marty Scurll.
ROH War of the Worlds UK Tour
This week ROH announced some of the talent that will be appearing on their UK tour from August 18-20 in London, Liverpool and Edinburgh.
ROH wrestlers announced for the tour so far:
- Jay Briscoe
- Mark Briscoe
- Jay Lethal
- Christopher Daniels
- the Young Bucks
- Frankie Kazarian
CMLL luchadors announced for the tour so far:
- Rey Bucanero
- Ultimo Guerrero
Revolution Pro Wrestling stars are also expected to participate on the tour.
Ring of Honor Television This Week
air date: June 6th 2017 (Fite App)
1. Will Ferrara & Cheeseburger vs. War Machine
- War Machine will defend their IWGP Heavyweight tag team championships this weekend at Dominion, against the Guerrillas of Destiny.
- Ferrara and Cheeseburger did get some offence in, but for the most part they were overpowered by War Machine here.
- Hanson backflipped Cheeseburger into the air and Rowe caught him and gave him a sit-down power-bomb. The move got a big pop from the crowd, and an even bigger one when Cheeseburger kicked out at 2.
- Burger began to make a comeback after, using the palm strike he learned from Jushin Liger.
- He went off the ropes but was caught by Hanson who threw him high in the air, then Rowe caught him and power slammed him and got the 3-count.
Winners: War Machine
- After the match, War Machine cut a promo about how Philly is an important wrestling town, and an important town for War Machine.
- They said they want the titles, and said the Young Bucks were next.
- The Young Bucks, currently hold the ROH tag team championships, and will challenge Roppongi Vice for the IWGP Jr. heavyweight tag team titles at Dominion this weekend.
2. Bushi, Sanada, EVIL, and Tetsuya Naito (Los Ingobernables) vs. Mark & Jay Briscoe, Bully Ray and Dalton Castle
- This 8-man tag involved NJPW’s 6-man tag team champions (Sanada, Bushi, Evil), and ROHs (Briscoes & Bully Ray).
- The finish of the match came when Bully Ray called for the Briscoes & Castle to get the tables. Castle then began to get really into doing the “Get the Tables” part, when the Boys pushed him out of the ring to avoid an attack from Bushi.
- Bushi then hit Jay Briscoe with the poison mist and Naito rolled him up for a 3-count.
Winner: Los Ingobernables
- After the match Bully Ray got in Castle’s face. The Briscoes and Bully Ray blamed Castle for the boys pushing him out of the way of Bushi’s attack, putting Jay in the path of the poison mist.
- The Briscoes chased the Boys and Dalton Castle away from ringside. Perhaps there is something building there.
3. Adam Cole vs. Hangman Page (Bullet Club)
- After a fairly even match, the finish to the match began when Cole hit a flipping piledriver (Canadian destroyer) to Page on the outside.
- Cole rolled him into the ring and looked to do the move again, but Page countered it into the Right of Passage piledriver. Cole kicked out at 2.
- Page then hit Cole with a big lariat, and gave him the Right of Passage again. This time he got a 3-count.
Winner: Hangman Page
- After the match, Page looked to attack Cole some more, but Kazarian ran out to make the save.