UK sensation Will Ospreay made history during Monday’s King of Pro Wrestling event for NJPW.
Ospreay defeated IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion KUSHIDA to become the first ever British born holder of the prestigious championship. After the match ‘The Villain’ Marty Scurll appeared and challenged Ospreay, refuelling their longtime rivalry from several British Independent promotions.
The event is available to watch in full over on NJPWworld.com and also features the following matches:
- Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Leo Tonga vs SANADA, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi
- Hirooki Goto & Toru Yano vs Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.
- IWGP Junior Tag Championship Match: Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet vs Sho & Yoh
- IWGP Tag Championship Tornado Elimination Match: Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs Raymond Rowe & Hanson vs Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
- YOSHI-HASHI, Barreta & Jado vs Kenny Omega, Cody & Marty Scurll
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe vs Kota Ibushi & Juice Robinson
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: KUSHIDA vs Will Ospreay
- Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Challenge Rights Match: etsuya Naito vs Tomohiro Ishii
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Kazuchika Okada vs EVIL
Overwhelmed. New IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champion!! https://t.co/ZzUi7cFRKh
— William Ospreay (@WillOspreay) October 9, 2017