Old School WWE RAW opens up with the vintage RAW intro and graphics. We’re live from Buffalo, New York as the gong hits and The Undertaker’s entrance begins.
Taker comes out to the old-school stage on the set and makes flames rise. There’s a WrestleMania 29 logo up on the big screen after his video plays. Taker makes the flames rise as we cut to an opening video for tonight’s old-school themed RAW. The video is narrated by Mean Gene Okerlund.
– Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler welcome us to RAW as the old school pyro goes off above the ring. Even Cole and Lawler are all old school looking at ringside tonight. They talk about The Undertaker and out comes CM Punk with Paul Heyman to the ring.
Punk says he should be main eventing WrestleMania 29. Punk says he should be defending the WWE Title but he’s not because of the fans. Punk says the fans screwed him. Punk says what the world just saw gives him a purpose. Punk says he’s going to beat The Undertaker at WrestleMania. Punk says fans like The Streak so much but roll their eyes when he mentions his lengthy title reign. Punk says he has a new number – 20 and 1. Punk says he will beat The Streak, deal with it. Randy Orton’s music hits and out he comes.
Orton says he’s already beat Punk at WrestleMania. Orton says 8 years ago, he came close to beating Taker at WrestleMania but he was a rookie then. Orton says now he’s the most dangerous man in the locker room. Orton asks the fans who should face Taker at WrestleMania – Orton or Punk. The fans pop for Orton. Out comes Big Show next. Big Show says he also faced Taker at WrestleMania but back then he didn’t’ have the knockout punch he has now. Show says if you’re going to beat The Streak, you need to be more than a Viper and more than Straight-Edge. You need to be a giant. Big Show says he’s going to knock Taker’s streak right into oblivion. Sheamus comes out next to the biggest pop yet.
Sheamus says he’s the only one who has never faced Taker. He says it’s going to take a Brogue Kick to defeat Taker. Sheamus says with the luck of the Irish on your side, it’s possible. Vickie Guerrero comes out next to boos from the crowd. Vickie says the one to end The Streak will be the greatest of all-time. Vickie announces a Fatal 4 Way for tonight. The winner will face The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29.
– Announced for later tonight is a point-counterpoint segment with The Rock and John Cena. Also, Triple H will address Brock Lesnar. We see Ryback heading to the ring before going to commercial.
Ryback vs. Antonio Cesaro
Back from the break and WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro is in the ring. Out next comes Ryback.
Cesaro strikes first with kicks and punches. Ryback knocks him down with a shoulder. Ryback with chops in the corner now. Ryback takes Cesaro up and catches him in a big powerslam. Cesaro rolls to the floor to regroup. Ryback suplexes Cesaro back into the ring and holds him high in the air before dropping him. Ryback with a 2 count. Cesaro unloads in the corner again. Ryback dumps him to the apron but Cesaro drops Ryback over the top rope. Cesaro goes to the top but Ryback presses him high in the air and slams him on his face. Ryback sends Cesaro over the top rope and back to the floor.
Ryback tangles with Cesaro on the apron and gets knocked off. He stumbles back in the ring and Cesaro covers for a 2 count. Cesaro mounts Ryback and unloads again. Ryback is dazed and confused as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Cesaro hits Ryback with knees. Ryback stands up to him and Cesaro smacks him. Ryback knocks Cesaro down and starts making a comeback. Ryback with a big back body drop and a spinebuster. Ryback goes for the Meathook Clothesline but runs into an uppercut. Cesaro goes for the Neutralizer but Ryback catches him with Shellshocked for the win.
– After the match, Ryback is heading to the back when Mark Henry’s music hits. Henry comes out to the entrance way and stares down Ryback. Henry keeps heading to the ring but keeps his eyes on Ryback.
Mark Henry vs. Zack Ryder
Henry hits the ring and out next comes his opponent Zack Ryder. Ryder looks ready to fight and comes in with a mean look on his face. Henry grabs him and throws him into the corner. Ryder comes out fighting but Henry shoves him back. Henry runs into knees and fights back some more. Henry whips him into the corner and nails a big clothesline. Henry yells for Ryder to get up. Henry nails the World’s Strongest Slam for the quick win.
Winner: Mark Henry
– We get hype for tonight’s main event. Dolph Ziggler, AJ Lee and Big E Langston are shown walking backstage.
– Another vignette for Fandango before we go back to commercial. This one says he will be debuting tonight on RAW.
Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz
Back from the break and Ziggler is out in the ring with The Miz. Miz has some trouble with the microphone but they get it going. Miz introduces someone to us who represents old-school. Miz calls him his friend and mentor. Out comes Ric Flair to a big pop from the crowd.
Miz and Ziggler lock up and break. They lock up again and Ziggler takes control. Ziggler has words with Flair at ringside. Ziggler beats up on Miz in front of Flair. Miz fights back but Ziggler cuts him off. Ziggler with chops in the corner. Miz drops him with a right hand. Miz makes a comeback and kicks Ziggler out of the ring. Flair dances at ringside. Flair gets up on the apron and Miz tries to do the Flair strut as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler is in control. Ziggler hits a neckbreaker and covers for a 2 count. Miz fights back and knocks Ziggler into the corner with right hands. Ziggler dumps Miz to the apron but Miz slides under the ropes and rolls him up for a close 2 count. Miz counters and hits the backbreaker neckbreaker combo for 2. Ziggler rolls Miz up out of nowhere for 2. Miz comes back and takes Ziggler’s knee out. Ziggler nails the big jumping DDT for another 2 count.
Ziggler goes for a sleeper but Miz fights him off. Ziggler tries some more and gets it locked. Miz drops Ziggler on his face and hits the running clothesline in the corner. Miz goes to the top and comes off with a big ax handle shot. AJ gets on the apron and distracts the referee while Big E lays out Miz. Flair comes over and throws his coat at Big E’s face. Flair hits Big E with a bunch of chops but it doesn’t phase him. Miz kicks a distracted Big E in the face. Ziggler gets a surprise 2 count on Miz. Miz locks in the Figure Four and Ziggler taps.
Winner: The Miz
– After the match, Flair gets in the ring with Miz to celebrate. They elbow drop an invisible jacket before we get replays.
– Still to come, tonight’s Fatal 4 Way main event. Up next is the point-counterpoint with The Rock and John Cena. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes WWE Champion The Rock. Rock takes the mic and says he needs us to understand something. Rock says he just came in from Panama, where it’s 95 degrees every single day. Rock says he was excited about coming to RAW and tells about when he told a woman at the airport he didn’t need a jacket for cold Buffalo, because of electricity running through him. Rock says he stepped out of the plane onto Buffalo and it was so cold he had ice sickles forming on The People’s Nipples. Rock says the cold air on his face meant one thing, after 10 long years… Finally, The Rock has come back to Buffalo.
John Cena’s music hits and out he comes. Cena says he’s been waiting on this moment for a year and Rock doesn’t even know why. He can’t know why because he’s Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. The man who conquered WWE during the Attitude Era, conquered Hollywood and came back to conquer WWE again. Cena says Rock doesn’t fail at anything in life so he doesn’t know what it feels like. Cena said he needed to win that match last year but he failed. Cena says that makes him feel worthless. A loud “Cena sucks” chant breaks out. Cena says it makes you feel weak and like you want to crawl in a hole and go away. Cena says that moment he lost to The Rock sent his life into a tailspin. Professionally and personally, Cena says.
Cena says Rock was responsible for his collapse but will be responsible for his turnaround. Cena points out Rock won the WWE Title on the same night he won the Rumble. Cena says he has a chance to re-write history. Cena gives Rock a 34-day heads up and says he is not throwing this chance away. Rock takes a second but says that fire and that desire… he’s happy to see that out of Cena. Rock says that’s the man who said he would beat CM Punk last week and he did. Rock says there was only one man he wanted to face at WrestleMania – Cena. Rock says he knows what the title and the match means to Cena. Rock says nobody in WWE has the passion and the drive, the will to win, that Cena has… except… The Rock. Rock says as much as it matters to Cena, it matters more to him. Cena quotes Mike Tyson and says in order to be the best that ever lived, you have to beat everyone living. Cena says he has jumped over every roadblock in his career except The Rock. Cena says The Rock’s time is up at WrestleMania and his time is now. Rock says that’s not right. Rock says his time is just getting started. Rock quotes a famous athlete and says winning is about heart, you just have to have it in the right place. Rock says that famous athlete was Lance Armstrong, he was full of crap and so is Cena. The crowd chants for Rock. Cena talks about Rock’s confidence. Cena says history won’t repeat itself in 34 days, he will make history. Cena says he will become the WWE Champion in 34 days and is met with a mixed reaction. Rock says Cena just crystallized everything that is The Rock and John Cena. Rock says Cena thinks he can beat Rock but Rock knows he can beat Cena. That’s the difference between them. Rock says he will beat Cena in front of the world, again, at WrestleMania 29. Rock does a very serious “if you smell…” and has a staredown with Cena as his music plays. The camera shows the WrestleMania 29 banner in the background.
– Still to come, tonight’s Fatal 4 Way main event with Punk vs. Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Big Show with the winner facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29. Back to commercial.
– We get a look back at earlier when The Undertaker opened RAW by coming out to the entrance way.
Jack Swagger vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan
We go to the ring and Jack Swagger is in with Zeb Colter. Out comes his opponent, WWE Hall of Famer Hacksaw Jim Duggan. He’s accompanied by fellow Legends Dusty Rhodes and Sgt. Slaughter.
Before the bell hits, Swagger rolls to the floor and grabs Duggan’s 2×4. Dusty and Slaughter tell him to put it down and get back in the ring. Swagger brings the 2×4 to the apron and then into the ring. He decks Duggan in the gut and over the back with it. Slaughter comes in and takes a shot as does Dusty. Swagger hits Slaughter in the back with it. Swagger points at the WrestleMania sign and puts the Patriot Lock on Duggan.
– Cole leads us to the trailer for The Marine 3.
– Kane and Daniel Bryan are headed to the ring as we go to commercial.
– Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger are backstage. Zeb says Swagger took out 3 Legends. Josh Matthews asks for comment but Swagger gets attacked from behind by Alberto Del Rio. They brawl and eventually are separated.
Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Darren Young and Titus O’Neil
We go to the ring and “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase is at ringside with O’Neil and Young. They asked him to be their manager and he’s considering it if they can win. Match starts off with back and forth. Bryan comes in with Young and hits a bunch of kicks. Bryan with a dropkick for a 2 count. Titus tags in and runs over Bryan.
Young tags back in for some double teaming on Bryan. We see DiBiase looking on but he’s not in The Primetime Players’ corner. Kane finally tags in and unloads on Young. Kane with a big boot and a low dropkick. Kane with clotheslines in the corners and a sideslam for 2. Titus breaks it up and throws Bryan to the apron. Bryan dumps Titus to the floor and takes him down with a flying knee. Young and Kane go at it now. Kane catches Young with a chokeslam for the win.
Winners: Kane and Daniel Bryan
– After the match, DiBiase takes a $100 bill and puts it in Young’s mouth. Bryan and Kane go to leave but Bryan sneaks back and takes the money.
– The Honky Tonk Man is shown backstage before we go to commercial.
Tensai and Brodus Clay vs. Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre
Back from the break and out comes Cameron, Naomi, Brodus clay and Sweet T. Out next comes The Honky Tonk Man. 3MB are already in the ring and Heath Slater snatches the mic from Honky before he can speak. Slater rips Honky and tells him to go back to Las Vegas with the rest of the Elvis impersonators. The match starts and Drew unloads on Tensai in the corner. Tensai counters and rolls him up out of nowhere for the quick win.
Winners: Tensai and Brodus Clay
– After the match, Tensai and Clay dance. Honky stops them and has his music played. They all dance until Slater comes back to the ring. Slater yells at Honky but takes a guitar shot to the head. They go back to dancing.
– Up next is Kofi Kingston vs. Fandango. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get some footage from the Dead Man Down premiere.
Kofi Kingston vs. Fandango
Kofi Kingston waits in the ring as Fandango’s music hits. A woman comes out dancing around and then out comes Fandango. He takes the mic and says that was inappropriate. He won’t make his debut until everyone learns to pronounce his name. Justin Roberts tries it again and can’t get it right. Fandango shows him again how it’s done. Roberts tries again and Fandango gets upset. He says tonight was the night that we almost got to see the debut of Fandango.
– Up next, Triple H will address what happened with Brock Lesnar last week. Back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and we get a look at Brock Lesnar attacking Vince McMahon and then the brawl with Triple H on last week’s RAW.
– Triple H makes his way out to the ring to a nice pop from the crowd. Triple H talks about how Brock Lesnar broke his arm at SummerSlam. He talks about he got emotional in the ring and choked up, thinking it was over just days later. Triple H says the second his cast was off, he was back in the gym and training. Triple H says he was doing his day job as WWE COO but training every day. He says he’s in the best shape he’s been in years and had been waiting… waiting for a reason. Triple H says he found himself looking at Vince McMahon after he had hip surgery. He says that’s when he found the reason. HHH says if Lesnar thinks they were done after SummerSlam, he needs to reach and feel the 12 staples in his head to know they were just getting started.
Triple H says it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why he’s here just 4 weeks away from the big dance. Triple H calls Lesnar out and wants to finish what they started at WrestleMania 29. Triple H says the ass-kicker is back, the King of Kings is back, The Game is back. Triple H wonders if Lesnar is going to show up and fight or just sit there and bleed. Triple H tosses the mic and exits the ring as his music plays.
– We get a backstage video from The Shield. Dean Ambrose talks about everyone going for The Undertaker and The Streak. Seth Rollins points out they are undefeated too. Ambrose says the eye of justice is on everybody, even Big Show. Roman Reigns says Show got one lucky shot in. They tease a run-in during tonight’s main event.
Wade Barrett vs. Alberto Del Rio
We go to the ring and WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett is in the ring. Ricardo Rodriguez begins the introduction for World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio and out he comes.
Back and forth to start. Del Rio with multiple shots to the kidney. Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter come out to the entrance way. Del Rio sends Barrett to the floor and brings him back in. Barrett catches Del Rio with Winds of Change for a 2 count. Barrett drops elbows for another pin attempt. Barrett with a headlock now. More offense from Barrett until Del Rio wraps up his arm on the ropes. Del Rio catches a big boot to the head and falls back out to the floor.
Barrett with knees and a big kick to the head. He brings it back in the ring for another 2 count. Barrett goes to the middle rope but misses an elbow drop. Del Rio with a kick to the face and a pair of clotheslines. Del Rio with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Del Rio hits the superkick for a pin attempt. Del Rio sees Zeb and Swagger now. Del Rio misses a move and catches a big kick to the face. Barrett gets countered twice. Del Rio locks in the cross armbreaker for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– We get a “Political Correctness” video from Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger. Zeb says real Americans refuse to use political correct language. In Jack Swagger’s America, there will always be a group of Americans ready to defend what our forefathers fought for.
The New Age Outlaws vs. Primo and Epico
We go to the ring and out comes “Road Dogg” BG James and Billy Gunn. Dogg has the mic and they do a typical NAO entrance. Gunn does the “two words for ya” and the crowd responds with a big “suck it.” Rosa Mendes is at ringside with Primo and Epico as we get ready. Dogg starts out with Epico and drops knees for a 2 count. Dogg drops Primo but turns around to a dropkick from Epico for a 2 count. They cut Dogg down in their corner and stomp away on him. Primo tags in and they keep the quick tags coming. Primo with a knee to the forehead and a knee drop before tagging Epico back in for some double teaming.
More back and forth. they collide in the middle of the ring and in comes Gunn and Primo. Gunn unloads and takes out Epico. Gunn drops Primo and covers for 2 but it’s broken up. Road Dogg takes Epico to the floor. Gunn with more offense. He hits the Fame-asser on Primo for the win.
Winners: The New Age Outlaws
– We get a look back at earlier tonight where The Rock and John Cena met in the ring.
– Still to come, tonight’s Fatal 4 Way main event. Back to commercial.
– We come back to the arena and there’s a huge birthday cake with the WWE roster standing around it. Mean Gene Okerlund comes out and apparently it’s Mae Young’s 90th birthday. Mean Gene introduces Mae Young and out she comes with the Divas. Everyone sings Happy Birthday to her but CM Punk’s music interrupts. Punk and Heyman come walking through the celebration and make their way to the ring for tonight’s main event.
Fatal 4 Way for a Shot at The Streak: CM Punk vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton vs. Big Show
Punk hits the ring and gets hype as we go to commercial.
Back from the commercial and out comes Big Show. Randy Orton is out next followed by Sheamus. The bell rings and Punk immediately goes to the floor to watch with Heyman. Sheamus goes out as does Orton and they surround Punk. He goes in the ring and gets dropped by Show. Sheamus comes in and Show tosses him out the other side. Orton comes on the apron and drops Show over top of it. Show sends Orton back to the floor. Show comes out after him. Show gets shoved into the ring post. Orton comes back in and Sheamus meets him. They go at it now.
Back and forth now. Orton gets caught in a backbreaker for a 2 count. Punk comes in and they catch him, throwing him over the top rope. Show comes in and drops both Orton and Sheamus. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Punk is in control. We see Sheamus and Show down on the outside of the ring. Orton comes back control and tosses Punk for a 2 count. Punk dumps Orton to the floor but Sheamus hits a battering ram and comes in for a 2 count. Sheamus hits a bunch of forearm shots to the chest of Punk while on the apron. Show comes in and lays Sheamus out for a close 2 count. Punk breaks the pin and hits Show with knees to the face. Show drops Punk with a knockout punch out of nowhere. Show fights Sheamus off. Sheamus with a few shoulder thrusts and a high knee. Sheamus ducks a knockout punch and takes Show off his feet. Show comes back and drops Sheamus with a headbutt. Show goes for a second rope splash but misses. Sheamus goes for White Noise and gets Big Show up for the move. 2 count for Sheamus.
Sheamus calls for a Brogue Kick but Orton catches him with a powerslam for 2. Show grabs Orton and Sheamus. He shoves Sheamus off and chokeslams Orton. Show blocks a Brogue Kick and chokeslams Sheamus for a 2 count. Sheamus ducks a punch and Brogue Kicks Show out of the ring. Orton nails a RKO on Sheamus. Punk comes in and hits GTS on Orton for the win. CM Punk is going to WrestleMania 29 to face The Undertaker.
Winner: CM Punk
– After the match, The Undertaker’s music hits and out he comes to the entrance way as Punk looks on from the ring. Undertaker makes the flames rise and stares Punk down. RAW goes off the air.