WWE Shareholder Meeting Recap: WWE Network Update & More
WWE held a shareholders meeting on Friday to address company business matters heading into the post-WrestleMania season. The meeting, which typically runs 2-3 hours, didn’t even last an hour. Here are a few of the newsworthy highlights:
- Overall, Vince’s answers were short and to the point.
- Vince McMahon is still certain that the WWE Network will be a success when it launches.
- There is still no specific target date for the WWE Network.
- When asked about The Rock having his last match, Vince laughed it off and went to another question.
- Vince said WWE is pleased with WWE TV ratings and the extra hour of RAW.
- WWE CFO George Barrios spoke and said WWE will triple their revenue through the Network and monetizing their broad social media reach.