Jake Hager (formerly known in WWE as Jack Swagger) made his surprise debut for All Elite Wrestling (AEW) last week during the premiere of Dynamite on TNT. He aligned with AEW World Champion Chris Jericho in an attack against members of The Elite and Dustin Rhodes.
According to Wade Keller of PWTorch.com, Hager is currently incredibly motivated and has regained the confidence that he lost working for WWE. AEW allegedly has plans to turn him into a star as opposed to a “support player.”
“People in AEW are telling me he is super-motivated, he’s regained his confidence that he lost in WWE and there’s some powerful people in that company, influential people, who think he is going to be not a support player, a guy standing behind a star, but be a star,” Keller explained. “And if that’s what they think and he can deliver deliver on that, then that will show itself in the next couple months.”
As well as being a part of AEW, Hager is also an active mixed martial artist for Bellator. He has a fight scheduled on October 25 at Bellator 231 against Anthony Garrett.
Dynamite Card (9/10)
- AEW Women’s Champion Riho and Dr. Britt Baker vs Emi Sakura and Bea Priestly
- Jon Moxley vs Shawn Spears
- Darby Allin vs Jimmy Havoc (winner gets an AEW World Championship match next week on Dynamite)
- The Young Bucks vs Private Party (AEW Tag Team Championship tournament)
- AEW World Champion Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara vs Dustin Rhodes and ‘Hangman’ Adam Page
H/T to Wrestlezone for the transcription.