Tyson Fury took part in a press conference last week addressing his scheduled matchup at WWE‘s Crown Jewel event. The boxing lineal heavyweight champion will face off against Braun Strowman during the show in Saudi Arabia. During the conference, Fury commented on the possibility of eventually wrestling another new WWE signing: Cain Velasquez.
“Yeah, listen. Me and Cain, we’ve got a rivalry going back from when he was UFC heavyweight champion, from a right few years ago,” Fury explained. “There was a lot of back and forward on social media back then. And, who knows, maybe that rivalry could spill over into WWE.”
When asked if he would be willing to fight other large challengers, Fury responded that he wouldn’t back down from a challenge.
“I’d love to fight them all. I’m a prizefighter. I’ve never ducked a fight in my life, and I’ll fight anybody.”
WWE Crown Jewel Card
- Team Hogan (Seth Rollins, Rusev, Ricochet, TBD, and TBD) (with Hulk Hogan) vs. Team Flair (Randy Orton, King Corbin, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Lashley, and TBD) (with Ric Flair)
- Braun Strowman vs. Tyson Fury
- WWE Championship Match:Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Cain Velasquez (with Rey Mysterio)
- Mansoor vs. Cesaro
- Tag Team Turmoil For The WWE World Cup: The New Day vs. The Viking Raiders vs. Heavy Machinery vs. Lucha House Party vs. Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins vs. The Revival vs. The O.C. vs. Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode vs. The B-Team
- WWE Universal Championship Match (Falls Count Anywhere): Seth Rollins (c) vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt
Fury will wrestle Strowman at WWE Crown Jewel on October 31st. The event takes place in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at the King Fahd International Stadium.
H/T to Wrestlezone for the quotes.