AEW’s Full Gear pay-per-view took place on November 9th, 2019 at the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, Maryland.
Full Gear “Buy-In” pre-show
– We go through some video packages looking at tonight’s matches. Taz and Goldenboy join Excalibur at the announce table.
– Bea Priestley vs. Britt Baker: Baker starts off strong with a series of strikes, and the fight spills out to ringside. Priestly fights back on the floor, but Baker takes her down with a Thesz Press and pummels on her. Priestly fights back with some strikes and a diving elbow for a two count. A double clothesline sends both wrestlers down. We see Darby Allin in the crowd. Baker is up first and hits a neckbreaker for a two count. Priest comes back with a German suplex for a two count of her own. Baker fights back and hits the Canadian Destroyer for a two count. Baker hits a superkick and a neckbreaker, but then Priestley grabs the hair and breaks free. Baker comes back with the lockjaw and the mandible claw for the win via submission.
Winner: Britt Baker
– After the match, Awesome Kong and Brandi Rhodes come out, and they have a knife. They hit the ring and Kong hits the double underhook facebuster on Priestley. Kong and Brandi cut off a piece of Priestley’s hair. Kong smells the hair and then puts it under her belt, and they leave.
– Jim Ross is introduced and he comes out to the announce table. Full Gear starts next!
AEW Full Gear Results
– The Young Bucks vs. Santana & Ortiz: This one falls apart into a 2 on 2 brawl in the opening moments. The referee restores order, but then Santana and Ortiz get dumped to ringside and the Bucks hit dives on him. Nick throws Santana into the crowd, then the Bucks start double teaming Ortiz in the ring. Santana finally gets the tag but Matt takes him down with an arm drag. Ortiz and Santana fight back with a double team submission on the Bucks. The Bucks fight back and Matt hits a dive over the ring post on to Ortiz at ringside. Back in the ring, Matt goes up top and hits a flying elbow drop on Santana for a two count. On the apron, Santana hits a brainbuster on Nick on the edge of the ring. Ortiz and Santana dump matt over the barricade, and Matt lands right where The Rock n Roll Express are seated. Santana and Ortiz talk some trash to the legends, then they walk around to go work over Nick. Ortiz and Santana control the next several moments of the match until Matt finally gets the hot tag and starts cleaning house. Matt and Nick double team Ortiz now for a two count. Santana takes Nick out at ringside, and Santana and Ortiz surround Matt in the ring now. They hit a double team cutter on Matt for a two count. Santana hits a dive on Nick at ringside, then comes back in the ring. Matt fights them off and then Nick tags in for a double superkick on Ortiz. Santana looks for a moonsault, but the Bucks superkick him out of mid-air. They double team Ortiz off the turnbuckle for a two count. The Bucks look for the Meltzer Driver on Ortiz, but Matt slips off the top rope and falls. Santana runs in and takes over with Ortiz now. Nick spits his gum at Santana, but Santana picks it up and eats it. Nick starts fighting off both Santana and Ortiz. Ortiz fights back with a sit-out powerbomb on Nick, then Santana knees him in the head. Matt breaks up the pin attempt. Matt misses a spear in the corner and falls out to ringside. Ortiz and Santana double team Nick for the three count.
Winners: Santana & Ortiz
– After the match, Sammy Guevara walks down to the ring with a camera to celebrate with Ortiz and Santana. The Rock n Roll Express hop the barricade and get on the apron, but The Inner Circle members start beating them down. Ricky comes back (with the help of Matt) and hits a slingshot Canadian Destroyer on Santana. Ricky then hits a dive on Guevara and Ortiz at ringside. The crow pops for the Rock N Roll Express getting in the mix.
– Pac vs. “Hangman” Adam Page This one spills out to ringside early on as Pac and Page trade lots of strikes in the opening moments of this one. Back in the ring, Pac takes control and jokes Page against the ropes. Pac hits a series of kicks and then taunts the fans. Pac wastes too much time and misses a shot, and Page starts mounting a comeback now. The fight spills out to ringside, and Pac fights back with a brainbuster up against the ring. Back in the ring, Pac lays into Page with kicks now. Page starts fighting back and they counter moves back and forth. Hangman looks for an Alabama Slam, but Pac reverses it into The Brutalizer. Pac tries to follow up with the Black Arrow, but Page rolls out of the way. Page misses a shot, and Pac tries to instigate a ref bump but Page stops it. Page hits a lariat, then the Dead Eye. Page pins for the three count after a competitive match.
Winner: “Hangman” Adam Page
– Shawn Spears vs. Joey Janela: Tully Blanchard is at ringside and he distracts Janela. They start off trading blows in the ring, and Spears rolls outside for a breather. Janela kicks Spears from the apron, but then Spears slams him off the apron down to the floor. Back in the ring, Spears keeps control and ties Janela’s hair to the turn buckle. Janela finally breaks free, and Spears puts him in the Sharpshooter. Janela breaks out and fights back with a series of knees and kicks. Janela misses a shot and Spears fires back with a German suplex for a two count. Janela fires back with a suplex for a two count of his own. Janela stomps on Spears until Tully gets on the apron and causes a distraction. Janela climbs to the top turnbuckle, but Spears runs up and grabs him. Spears gives Janela a backbreaker over the top turnbuckle. Spears unties the turnbuckle pad, and while referee Earl Hebner puts the pad back on, Spears takes Janela out to ringside. Tully Blanchard assists in Spears giving Janela a piledriver on the ringside floor. Back in the ring, Spears hits the C4 for the three count.
Winner: Shawn Spears
– Spears and Blanchard leave as referees and agents come to check on Janela.
– Kip Sabian is backstage for an interview. He says when he arrived in AEW he found that everyone else had formed alliances, so he had to carve his own path. Kip brings over Penelope Ford, and says it’s time to bring some sex appeal back to this loser-infested company. Penelope says why be bad when you can be super bad.
– Private Party vs. The Lucha Brothers vs. SCU (c): Kaz starts off against Marq going back and forth. The aprons clear as this one turns into a brawl early on. When the referee restores order, The Lucha Bros have Kaz down. Kassidy gets the tag and starts cleaning house now. Marq tags back in, but the Lucha Brothers take him out with a double team. They give Kassidy a double team superkick next, then they hit a slam on Marq in the corner for a two count. The aprons clear and this one turns into an all-out brawl at ringside, and Phoenix hits a big corkscrew moonsault on everyone. Back in the ring, Kazarian takes control and SCU hits the SCU-later on Kassidy for the three count.
– After the match, the Lucha Brothers attack SCU. The lights suddenly go out, and when the lights come back on there are two people dressed as Pentagon in the ring. The other Pentagon slams Phoenix on top of the real Pentagon. He takes his mask off to reveal himself as “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels. He grabs a steel chair and beats the Lucha Brothers out of the ring.
– Riho (c) vs. Emi Sakura: The AEW Women’s World Championship is on the line in this one. Emi starts off strong with lots of offense in the opening moments. Riho dodges some shots, but Emi dumps her out to ringside. They fight on the turnbuckle now and Riho hits a stomp on Emi on the apron. Riho and Emi trade shots in the ring now and Emi hits tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. She follows up with another backbreaker, and then a stomp off the middle rope. Emi hits a senton bomb for a two count. Emi hits a sit-out powerbomb, but Riho no-sells it and gives Emi a double stomp. Riho and Emi trade strikes in the middle of the ring now. Riho hits the double stomp off the top rope for a two count. Emi comes back with a German suplex, then a facebuster slam for a two count. After a series of reversals, Riho hits a knee to the head. Riho spins around Emi now and rolls her up into a small package pin for the three count.
Winner & still Champion: Riho
– Riho and Emi hug after the match.
– The judges for the AEW Championship match up next are sitting at ringside: Dean Malenko, Arn Anderson, and The Great Muta.
– Chris Jericho (c) vs. Cody Rhodes: MJF is in Rhodes’ corner and Jake Hager is in Jericho’s corner. Rhodes connects with strikes in the opening moments and Jericho repeatedly rolls outside for a breather. Jericho has a brief stare-down with Malenko at ringside. Back in the ring, Rhodes controls the pace and dumps Jericho out to ringside. Rhodes looks for a suicide dive, but Jericho dodges it, and Rhodes lands face-first on the ramp. It looks like Rhodes has been busted open the hard way on the ramp, and he’s now heavily bleeding. Jericho takes control now. Cody tries to mount a comeback, but Jericho shuts him down with a dropkick. Jericho keeps Rhodes grounded now with various holds. Jericho looks for a Lionsault, but Rhodes blocks it with his knees. Rhodes hits a springboard Diamond Cutter for a two count. Rhodes follows up with a springboard kick that sends Jericho out to ringside. Rhodes follows, and Jericho comes back with a lariat on the ringside floor. Rhodes is still bleeding from the forehead. Jericho exchanges words with members of the Rhodes family at ringside. Cody’s mom slaps Jericho across the face, then Cody spears Jericho on the floor. Back in the ring, Rhodes hits an Alabama Slam for a two count. Rhodes applies a Figure Four, but Jericho reverses it. Jake Hager hits a cheap shot on Rhodes from the apron, then Rhodes throws Jericho into Jake to knock him down to the floor. Jake hits another cheap shot behind the ref’s back, but the ref still ejects Jake. Jake beats down MJF near the ramp before leaving. While the ref is distracted, Jericho nails Rhodes in the face with the Title belt. Jericho pins for a two count. Rhodes comes back with the Cross Rhodes for a two count of his own. Jericho and Rhodes trade punches on the mat now. Cody hits a series of strikes and the Bionic Elbow for a two count. Cody looks for a springboard kick, but Jericho intercepts him with a Codebreaker for a two count. Jericho takes off his weightlifting belt and whips Cody with it until the ref takes it way from him. Rhodes fights back with a superkick, then goes to the top turnbuckle with Jericho. Cody looks for a Frankensteiner, but Jericho turns it into the Walls Of Jericho. Jericho and the ref shove each other, then Cody rolls up Jericho from behind for a two count. Jericho applies the Walls Of Jericho again, and stomps on Cody’s head a few times while he’s got it in. MJF throws in the towel, and the ref calls for the bell.
Winner & still Champion: Chris Jericho
– Jericho celebrates on the stage with the Inner Circle. Rhodes seems confused about why the match stopped, and MJF is in the ring talking to him about it. Rhodes shakes MJF’s hand, but then MJF kicks Rhodes with a low blow. MJF pushes Rhodes down to the mat as the crowd chants “asshole.” As MJF leaves, someone off-screen throws a drink at him. MJF leaves as Cody recovers in the ring.
– We see a video package looking at the feud between Jon Moxley and Kenny Omega. Justin Roberts explains that this is an unsanctioned “lights out” match.
– Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley: Omega starts off strong with a series of strikes on Moxley. Jon comes back with a side slam, then he rolls out to ringside. He throws a trash can in the ring and then nails Omega with it. Omega fights back and tackles Moxley out to ringside. They fight out into the crowd now. Omega hits Moxley with a chair, then hits him in the face with a beer and throws a trash can on him. Omega climbs some stairs and hits a flying double foot stomp down on to Moxley. Moxley fights back and throws Omega back into the ringside area. Moxley hits a vertical suplex on the floor. Moxely grabs a barbed wire baseball bat from under the ring now, and brings it and Omega into the ring. Moxely nails Omega with the bat a few times across the back. Omega appears to be bleeding from the back. Moxley puts the barbed wire on Omega’s back and stomps on it. Omega fights back with chops and then he looks for a German suplex, but Moxley hits him with the barbed wire. Omega grabs the trash can and nails Moxley with it. Omega gives Moxley a pile driver on to the trash can. Omega pulls out a table and leans it up against the barricade. Omega then grabs what appears to be a broom wrapped in barbed wire. Moxley throws the trash can out of the ring and hits Omega. Moxley looks for a dive, but Omega blocks him with the barbed wire broom to the head. Omega brings the broom in the ring now and starts hitting Moxley with it. Omega scratches the barbed wire across Moxley’s back repeatedly. Moxley appears to be bleeding heavily from his head. Omega slams Moxley on to the barbed wire broom for a two count. Omega puts a trash can on the ring post, climbs up, grabs the can and hits a moonsault with the can on top of Moxley for another two count. Omega pulls out a board that appears to have mouse traps glued to it. Moxley and Omega trade strikes and both men go down. Moxley is up first and he moves the mouse trap board towards the middle of the ring. Ambrose then suplexes Omega on to the mouse traps. Moxley brings some big chains into the ring and slams Omega on to them for a two count. Omega fights back with some trash can shots, but Moxley shuts him down with a side slam. Moxley grabs what looks like an ice pick or a needle out from under the ring. Omega fights back with the chain. Moxley misses a shot and stabs the ice pick into the turnbuckle. Omega answers with a back suplex on to the chains. Omega continues with more suplexes, then he wraps the chain around Ambrose’s neck and hangs him from the ropes down to the floor. The chain clips through Omega’s hands and Moxley falls to the floor. Omega hits a suicide dive on Moxley through the table leaning against the fan barricade. Omega grabs a bag from under the ring and it looks like it’s full of pieces of broken glass. Omega starts cutting Moxley in the head and hand with the glass. Omega pours the broken glass out into the ring. Omega slams Moxley on to the galss for a two count, then he drags him across the glass. Omega applies a Sharpshooter next, with Moxley having to crawl through the glass to reach the ropes. Moxel pulls himself through the ropes and Omega lets go. Omega picks up some pieces of glass, and he shows the camera, then he tries to force the glass into Moxley’s mouth. Omega misses a shot and Ambroe comes back with a German suplex on to the broken glass. Omega fires back with some strikes and Moxley falls out on to the ramp. Omega grabs the ice pick from the turnbuckle pad and chases Moxley up the ramp. Omega pokes into Moxley’s forehead with the ice pick. The Young Bucks walk out, and Page joins them, and they try to tell Omega to stop. Omega tells them to bring out something, and they start bringing out a small cage structure with a bunch of barbed wire in it. Omega picks up Moxley and brings him over towards the web of barbed wire, but Moxley breaks free. Moley ends up suplexing Omega off the ramp and into the web of barbed wire. Some people try to help pull Omega and Moxley out of the barbed wire bedding. Moxley starts punching out everyone who’s trying to help Kenny. Kenny picks up a light and nails Jon in the head with it. Omega hits a running knee on Jon and they both crash through an AEW sign near the stage. Moxley and Omega both emerge from the wreckage, and Omega chases Moxley back to the ring. Moxley hits the underhook DDT for a two count. Moxley unties the canvas on the ring and rips it back. Moxley pulls back the padding and exposes the wooden planks of the ring. Moxley looks for a piledriver, but Omega reverses into a back body drop. Omega follows up with a knee to the back of the head, then he looks for the One Winged Angel but Moxley escapes. Omega hits an underhook DDT on Moxley for a two count. Omega looks for a Phoenix Splash but misses on the exposed boards of the ring. Moxley follows up with a big underhook DDT on the exposed boards for the three count.
Winner: Jon Moxley
– After the match, trainers and The Young Bucks come to check on Omega. Moxley flips off the camera as we go to replays.