AEW revealed how they will crown a world champion on today’s episode of the Road to Double or Nothing. The winner of Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho will face the winner of the Casino Battle Royale at a later date, with the winner become the first ever AEW World Champion.
“These two top contenders will battle at a later date to be announced and the winner will become the first-ever AEW World Champion, claiming the most coveted wrestling title to be established in decades,” said comedian Jack Whitehall on the show.
The full episode is available in the player below:
World Title Stipulations Announced For Double or Nothing
“With these stipulations now in place, the chase for wrestling’s most important prize will officially be underway this weekend at Double or Nothing, presented by AEW,” Whitehall continued.
AEW has multiple events scheduled this summer for a potential world title match. Fyter Fest takes place on June 29th. Fight for the Fallen takes place July 13th. It has also been rumored that All In 2 could take place from the Sears Center in Chicago at the end of August as well. Weekly television is to begin this fall.
The updated lineup for Double or Nothing now looks like this:
- Kip Sabian vs Sammy Guevara
- Casino Battle Royale: Sonny Kiss, Brandon Cutler, Ace Romer, Glacier, Brian Pillman Jr., Sunny Daze, MJF, Joey Janela, Dustin Thomas, Billy Gunn, Jimmy Havoc, Michael Nakazawa, Jungle Boy, Isiah Kassidy, Marq Quen, Luchasaurus, Shawn Spears, TBD
- Aja Kong, Yuka Sakazaki, and Emi Sakura vs. Hikaru Shida, Riho, and Ryo Mizunami
- SCU vs Strong Hearts
- Best Friends vs Angelico & Jack Evans
- Britt Baker vs Nyla Rose vs Kylie Rae
- Cody vs Dustin Rhodes
- AAA Tag Team Championships: the Young Bucks vs the Lucha Bros
- Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho