Ilja Dragunov is leaving WWE, according to PWInsider, which reports that his contract has expired.
The report says Dragunov’s deal has run out and that he is on his way out of the company. His last appearance was on the April 17 SmackDown, in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal won by Royce Keys. His last win came in January.
The report arrives a week after a similar claim was publicly shot down. An account on X stated that WWE had offered Dragunov an extension, that he had refused, and that he had been taken off television as a result. Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful dismissed it and asked why it was being circulated without evidence
He has been off television for four months. Bryan Alvarez reported in July that a return was expected sooner rather than later, and Dragunov has been training at the Hart Dungeon in Calgary during the absence. No injury has been reported.
Dragunov was called up to the main roster after WrestleMania 40 in 2024. He held the NXT Championship twice and beat Sami Zayn for the United States Championship in October last year.
Rumors in July also linked Jordynne Grace with an exit. Sapp said at the time that there was nothing to confirm either departure.




