One of WWE’s latest major signings is former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Cain Velasquez. He made his debut on a recent episode of Friday Night SmackDown, accompanying Rey Mysterio to confront WWE Champion Brock Lesnar.
Velasquez was a recent guest on Sam Roberts’ podcast, Notsam Wrestling. During their conversation, Velasquez opened up about his current inexperience wrestling in the squared circle.
“I would say there is; I am very green in this sport,” Velasquez admitted. “I haven’t done it for so long but I’m training and I am trying to learn as much as I can and that is the name of the game, even with fighting. But yes, I am trying to learn the sport just like I know I did with MMA.”
Velasquez made his pro wrestling debut earlier this year. He teamed up with Pyscho Clown and All Elite Wrestling’s Cody Rhodes at AAA’s TripleMania event. They defeated the team of Los Mercenarios (Texano Jr. and Taurus) and Killer Kross.
WWE Crown Jewel Card
- Team Hogan (Seth Rollins, Rusev, Ricochet, TBD, and TBD) (with Hulk Hogan) vs. Team Flair (Randy Orton, King Corbin, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Lashley, and TBD) (with Ric Flair)
- Braun Strowman vs. Tyson Fury
- WWE Championship Match:Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Cain Velasquez (with Rey Mysterio)
- Mansoor vs. Cesaro
- Tag Team Turmoil For The WWE World Cup: The New Day vs. The Viking Raiders vs. Heavy Machinery vs. Lucha House Party vs. Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins vs. The Revival vs. The O.C. vs. Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode vs. The B-Team
- WWE Universal Championship Match (Falls Count Anywhere): Seth Rollins (c) vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt
Cain Velasquez will make his WWE debut against Brock Lesnar on October 31st. The two will clash for Lesnar’s WWE Championship at WWE Crown Jewel, which takes place in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at the King Fahd International Stadium.
H/T to Wrestling Inc. for the transcription.