It was recently announced that Alexa Bliss has been replaced by Nikki Cross for this weekend’s (Sun. May 19, 2019) Money In The Bank (MITB) Ladder match. The announcement revealed Bliss wasn’t medically cleared to compete, and had been pulled from the contest. However, the announcement did not specify what exactly was wrong with the former RAW Women’s Champion.
F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer subsequently reported that Bliss was removed from the match for injury reasons. While Meltzer was unable to report the exact nature of the injury, he did note he was told it was not serious and Bliss being pulled was a precautionary measure since it was a Ladder match.
But according to a report from Mike Johnson of PWInsider, Bliss was pulled after suffering another concussion. This is concerning due to Bliss having suffered several concussions over the course of her run with WWE. She hasn’t competed in the ring since losing to Naomi on the April 29 episode of Monday Night RAW.
We’ll keep you updated as we learn more…
Updated WWE Money In The Bank Card
- WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins vs. AJ Styles
- WWE Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Kevin Owens
- WWE RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans
- WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair
- Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Sami Zayn vs. Ricochet vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Baron Corbin vs. Randy Orton vs. Andrade vs. Finn Balor vs. Mustafa Ali
- Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Nikki Cross vs. Natalya vs. Naomi vs. Dana Brooke vs. Mandy Rose vs. Bayley vs. Ember Moon vs. Carmella
- The Miz vs. Shane McMahon – Steel Cage Match
- Roman Reigns vs. Elias
- WWE United States Champion Samoa Joe vs. Rey Mysterio
- WWE Cruiserweight Champion Tony Nese vs. Ariya Daivari
- WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan & Rowan vs. The Usos – Pre-Show
What do you think about the conflicting reports regarding Bliss’ status?