Audie Attar, Conor McGregor’s agent, is doing is best to keep his client’s name in the news while the UFC’s first simultaneous double champion takes a six month from fighting to spend time with his pregnant girlfriend. On Tuesday’s edition of ESPN’s 5ive Rounds podcast, he was very positive about the idea of McGregor doing appearances of some kind for WWE.
“I think it’s all about business, man,” he said. “If [WWE] is going to come with an offer, we are willing to entertain it. We are here. Have their people call his people — which is me. We can have a conversation.” Last week, Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE’s Vice President, Talent and Live Events, told the Daily Telegraph that “[McGregor] could come over, he’s got it all, man. He’s got the personality, the skills, the talk. He’s an entertainer, for sure.” Triple H noted how well Floyd Mayweather did in his one WWE match against Big Show at WrestleMania 24 and how McGregor had similar prospects.
“I think it’s phenomenal that a guy like Triple H was at the fights,” Attar added. “I heard he said some positive things, which is always good to hear.” They have not talked yet, though. As for McGregor’s trolling of WWE talent on Twitter a few months back, Attar said that “It’s ultimately like, look — I think Conor had his say via social media at times, but he also is someone that appreciates people that sacrifice and train and are dedicated to their craft, whatever it may be.” When asked if McGregor would do a match, Attar said “Again, I think ultimately Conor will say, ‘Let me talk to my friend Benjamin [Franklin] to see how many of his friends he’s bringing with him before we talk about what the obligations are.”