WWE Cruiserweight Champion Tony Nese vs. Drew Gulak vs. Akira Tozawa in a Triple Threat Match has been announced for the upcoming WWE Stomping Grounds PPV.
This match was set up on Tuesday’s episode of 205 Live after a fatal four-way match between Akira Tozawa, Oney Lorcan, Humberto Carrillo, and Drew Gulak on the June 11 episode ended in controversy. The finish of that match that was supposed to determine the number one contender but featured a double pin with Gulak and Tozawa.
WWE presents the Stomping Grounds pay-per-view event on Sunday, June 23 at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, WA that will air on the WWE Network. WWE will be announcing more matches for this show in the coming days. Here is the updated card:
Updated WWE Stomping Grounds Card
- WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin – Special Guest Referee TBA
- WWE Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler – Steel Cage Match
- WWE RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. Lacey Evans
- Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
- WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss
- WWE United States Champion Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs. Xavier Woods & Big E
- WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan & Erick Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery
- WWE Cruiserweight Champion Tony Nese vs. Drew Gulak vs. Akira Tozawa – Triple Threat Match
What are your thoughts on this match being added to the card? Sound off in the comment section.