It looks like WWE is investing even more in Baron Corbin as he’s getting a manager.
On Thursday, WWE held a house show in Green Bay, Wisconsin where Drake Maverick managed King Corbin in his match against Roman Reigns.
It turns out that reported the plan was indeed to have Maverick eventually become Corbin’s manager, according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio. As of this writing, WWE has yet to play this out on TV.
Two weeks ago on an episode of SmackDown, there was a person under the ring who grabbed Reigns’ foot shortly before he was attacked by Corbin and Dolph Ziggler. This was the angle where Reigns was covered in dog food. At the time, WWE didn’t address who it was, yet.
Meltzer speculated that the angle with Maverick under the ring helping Corbin was a way that WWE could tie Corbin and Maverick together
Corbin is slated to take on Roman Reigns in a TLC Match at the WWE TLC PPV at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
WWE Green Bay, Wisconsin Results
- SmackDown Tag Team Championships: The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Big E) (c) def. The Revival (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder) and Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker)
- Elias def. Dolph Ziggler
- Nikki Cross def. Dana Brooke
- WWE Intercontinental Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) def. Mustafa Ali
- WWE Universal Championship – Cage Match: “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt (c) def. The Miz
- Shorty G def. Cesaro
- WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship: Lacey Evans def. Bayley (c) by DQ
- Roman Reigns def. King Corbin