New details as to why WWE NXT Superstar Kyle O’Reilly was pulled from wrestling at this weekend’s EVOLVE 129 and EVOLVE 130 events have surfaced online.
Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that O’Reilly is currently dealing with a staph infection. The good news is that he’s expected to be healed up and back in action within a week.
The infection occurred due to him getting stitches in his back from his latest match under the WWE banner. Those stitches recently developed the staph infection.
O’Reilly was last seen in action at the WWE NXT TakeOver: XXV event in Bridgeport, CT earlier this month as he took part in a Fatal 4 Way Ladder Match. In the end, The Street Profits captured the vacant NXT Tag Team Titles.
EVOLVE 129 takes place in Queens, NY on June 29th while EVOLVE 130 will take place in Brooklyn, NY on June 30th. Here are the updated cards:
- EVOLVE Champion Austin Theory vs. Leon Ruff
- Roderick Strong vs. Anthony Henry
- Tyler Breeze vs. AR Fox
- EVOLVE Tag Team Champions Eddie Kingston & Joe Gacy vs. Anthony Greene & Curt Stallion
- Josh Briggs vs. Arturo Ruas
- Shotzi Blackheart vs. Brandi Lauren
- WWN Champion JD Drake vs. Stephen Wolf vs. Sean Maluta vs. John Silver
- Harlem Bravado vs. Babatunde
- Adrian Alanis & Liam Grey of The Skulk vs. Milk Chocolate of Brandon Watts & Randy Summers
- Austin Theory vs. Roderick Strong
- WWN Champion JD Drake vs. Babatunde
- Tyler Breeze vs. Anthony Greene
- Anthony Henry vs. Arturo Ruas
- Eddie Kingston & Joe Gacy vs. AR Fox & Leon Ruff vs. John Silver & Alex Reynolds
- Josh Briggs vs. Brandon Taggart
- Curt Stallion vs. Sean Maluta
- Brandi Lauren vs. Natalia Markova