Eric Bischoff’s absence from SmackDown Live despite being named the Executive Director for the show has sparked a lot of rumors with some reports going as far as suggesting that he might not be involved with the creative side of the show at all.
These reports suggested that Bischoff could have been brought only to handle the corporate side of things and he might help with SmackDown’s transition to Fox. However, during the recent episode of his 83 Weeks podcast, Bischoff talked about these theories and killed the rumors which have been floating around about his new position in WWE.
Bischoff said that everything he has read so far has been wrong. He said that he is not going to address anything specifically and revealed that his start date was never supposed to be before July 22. According to Bischoff, he had made this very clear. It was the understanding across the board and anything that has been reported so far has been wrong in terms of what his role actually is.
Continuing on the topic, the former WCW President explained that it’s a big job and nobody is going to walk in and take control of anything immediately. He claimed that it’s going to be a process and in his case, it’s going to be a very long process because learning about the people involved and their roles will take time.
The most interesting thing coming out of this interview was Bischoff’s mention that he is going to be present for this week’s episode of SmackDown. It will be interesting to know if he tries to make any changes to the current programming of the show during his first night as the new Director.