We’re hit the aftermath of New Japan’s biggest show Wrestle Kingdom. This means that the annual Fantastica Mania tour has now begun. Several of the top stars from Mexico’s CMLL promotion will be in the New Japan ring for the next few weeks.
The opening show took place in Japan’s Ehime Texport Imabari. One of the biggest draws of the tour is that it will be KUSHIDA’s last, he is leaving NJPW and is likely signing with NXT.
Here’s the results from the show in Ehime (01/12):
- Audaz, Ryusuke Taguchi and KUSHIDA b. Gedo, Taiji Ishimori and Templarino – Audaz took the win with a Triangle Choke-Hold over Templarino
- Titan and Flyer b. Taichi and Forastero – Titan hit the Titánica on Forastero for the win
- Sanson, OKUMURA and Yoshinobu Kanemaru b. Tiger Mask, Atlantis Jr and Atlantis – Sanson took the win after hitting the Sanson Special on Atlantis Jr
- Ultimo Guerrero, Barbaro Cavernario and Cuatrero b. Soberano Jr, Angel de oro and Mistico – Guerrero took the win after hitting the Guerreros Special on Mistico
- Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger, Dragon Lee and Volador Jr b. Namajuge, Gran Guerrero and Caristico – Lee took the win after hitting the Patros Enel Pecho on Guerrero
- Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, BUSHI and Terrible b. Fujin, Raijin, Toa Henare and Satoshi Kojima – Naito took the win after hitting Destino on Henare