We’re hit the aftermath of New Japan’s biggest show Wrestle Kingdom. This means that the annual Fantastica Mania tour has now begun. Several of the top stars from Mexico’s CMLL promotion will be in the New Japan ring for the next few weeks.
The opening show took place in Japan’s Osaka Prefectural Gym. One of the biggest draws of the tour is that it will be KUSHIDA’s last, he is leaving NJPW and is likely signing with NXT.
Here’s the results from the show in Osaka (01/11):
- Gedo, Taiji Ishimori and Templarino b. Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi and Audaz – Templarino took the win after hitting a Modified Power Bomb on Audaz
- Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi and Forastero b. Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger, Flyer and Titan – Forastero took the win using a Triangle Choke-Hold on Titan
- OKUMURA and Sanson b. Atlantis Jr and Atlantis – OKUMURA took the win after hitting a Spinning DDT on Atlantis Jr
- Cuatrero, Gran Guerrero and Ultimo Guerrero b. Angel de oro, Dragon Lee and Mistico – Cuatrero took the win after hitting the Cuatrero Bomb on Angel de oro
- Namahage, Barbaro Cavernario and Caristico b. KUSHIDA, Soberano JR and Mistico – Caristico took the win after hitting La Mistica on Volador Jr
- Shingo Takagi, BUSHI, Tetsuya Naito and Terrible b. Fujin, Raijin, Toa Henare and Satoshi Kojima – BUSHI took the win over Fujin using the BUSHI Roll