The G1 Climax 28 tournament is down to its final 3 nights.
The final night of the round-robin tournaments for Block A and Block B will run on Friday and Saturday respectively. Then, the tournament finals will take place on Sunday in Tokyo.
Below are the updated standings, schedule, and winning scenarios for those still with a chance to win their block.
G1 Climax tie-breaker rules:
- A tie between two wrestlers is broken based on the result in their 1-on-1 match.
- If 2 or more wrestlers are tied at the end of round-robin the winner is determined based on which wrestler has the most points in only the matches against the other wrestlers they are tied with.
- Hiroshi Tanahashi – 14pts
- Jay White – 12pts
- Kazuchika Okada – 12pts
- EVIL – 8pts
- Minoru Suzuki – 8pts
- Michael Elgin – 6ptts
- Hangman Page – 6pts
- Bad Luck Fale – 6pts
- Togi Makabe – 4pts
- Yoshi-Hashi 4pts
A-Block Remaining Matches:
Friday, August 10th, 2018:
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada
- Togi Makabe vs Michael Elgin
- Jay White vs EVIL
- YOSHI-HASHI vs Hangman Page
- Bad Luck Fale vs Minoru Suzuki
A-Block Winning Scenarios
In the A-Block only Tanahashi, Jay White, and Okada can advance.
Hiroshi Tanahashi winning scenarios and tie-breakers:
- A win or a draw vs Okada is all Tanahashi needs.
- Tanahashi lost to Jay White and will face Okada on the final night.
Jay White winning scenarios and tie-breakers:
- White defeats Evil and Okada defeats Tanahashi.
- White holds the tie-breaker over both Okada and Tanahashi due to beating both of them. Any 3-way tie between them goes to White.
Kazuchika Okada winning scenarios and tie-breakers:
- Okada needs to defeat Tanahashi and EVIL needs to defeat Jay White or White vs EVIL goes to a draw.
- Okada lost to White and will face Tanahashi on the final night of the round-robin.
- Kenny Omega – 12pts
- Tetsuya Naito – 12pts
- Kota Ibushi – 10pts
- Zack Sabre Jr – 10pts
- Sanada – 8pts
- Tomohiro Ishii – 8pts
- Hirooki Goto – 6pts
- Tama Tonga – 6pts
- Juice Robinson – 4pts
- Toru Yano – 4pts
B-Block Upcoming Matches
Saturday, August 11th, 2018
- Juice Robinson vs Hirooki Goto
- Tomohiro Ishii vs SANADA
- Toru Yano vs Tama Tonga
- Kenny Omega vs Kota Ibushi
- Tetsuya Naito vs Zack Sabre Jr
B-Block Winning Scenarios
Kenny Omega winning scenarios and tie-breakers:
- If Omega defeats Ibushi he wins B-Block.
- A draw and a Tetsuya Naito loss or draw to Zack Sabre Jr. also wins the Block for Omega.
- Omega holds the tie-breakers over Naito and ZSJ and will face Ibushi on the final night of the tournament.
Tetsuya Naito winning scenarios and tie-breakers:
- Naito needs a win over Zack Sabre Jr. and an Omega loss or draw with Kota Ibushi.
- Naito can moveon with a draw and a draw between Omega and Ibushi as well.
Kota Ibushi Winning Scenarios and tie-breakers
- Ibushi needs to beat Omega and ZSJ needs to beat Naito.
- Ibushi holds the tie-breaker over ZSJ and Naito so he takes a 3-way tie between the three. He will face Omega on the final night.
If Zack Sabre Jr defeats Naito and Ibushi defeats Omega there will be a 4-way tie for first place in the block with 12 points. In that scenario, Kota Ibushi would move on as he would have the tie-breaker over all 3. Based on this, Zack Sabre Jr is mathematically eliminated.