New Japan’s annual Tokyo Dome show is now underway. The stacked card could end up being one of NJPW’s best ever and we’ve got the results as and when they happen, including the main event between Kenny Omega and Hiroshi Tanahashi.
The main event has just taken place in front of the Tokyo Dome crowd. Up to this point every Championship had changed hands on the card. That trend continued here.
One of the biggest spots in the match saw Tanahashi attempt to hit his High Fly Flow to Omega who was on a table outside the ring. Omega avoided the impact and Tanahashi took a huge spill through the wood. Kenny then opted to not take the count out victory as he rolled Tanahashi back into the ring.
The finish saw Tanahashi hit one final High Fly Flow to win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship for the 8th time in his career.
Here’s the full card for the event:
- NEVER Openweight Championship Match – Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Will Ospreay
- IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match – Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado) (c) vs. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Shingo Takagi & BUSHI)
- RPW British Heavyweight Championship Match – Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Zac Sabre Jr.
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match – Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)
- IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship Match – Cody (c) vs. Juice Robinson
- IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match – KUSHIDA (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori
- Jay White vs. Kazuchika Okada
- IWGP Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship No Disqualification Match – Chris Jericho (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match – Kenny Omega (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi