On the heels of former MLW World Champion Tom Lawlor announcing he is leaving the promotion, MLW has signed current World Champion Jacob Fatu to a long-term deal.
The length of the contract is not known but it is said to commit Fatu to the promotion for the next few years.
“This is where I wanted to be all along. CONTRA in MLW: this is my home,” Fatu said in an MLW press release.
“Fatu has been a revelation in the sport with a breakout year and has shown all the attributes we look for in a champion,” stated MLW CEO and founder Court Bauer. “We are excited to know that Fatu is someone we can build around, and we look forward to seeing him fight under the MLW banner for years to come.”
Fatu headlined MLW’s debut on PPV earlier this month. He successfully defended his title against Battle Riot II winner LA Park on the show. His Contra Unit appears to now be moving into a rivalry with the Hart Foundation.
Episodes of MLW Fusion air Saturday nights on BeIN Sports and are then posted in their entirety to YouTube the following Monday.