In the history of WWE, nobody has spent more days with a tag team championship title than Kofi Kingston. The former WWE Champion has now held a WWE Tag Team Championship for more than 1000 days and is the first and only WWE Superstar to accomplish the feat.
Last fall, Kofi passed Billy Gunn in terms of having spent more days as a tag team titleholder than anyone in history. WWE noted the accomplishment on Twitter:
Kofi Kingston and the Elusive 1500 Days As A Champ Club
Kofi is also a member of a very elusive WWE Championship club. He has held a title in WWE for over 1500 days, something only 6 other wrestlers in history have done. The 6 other wrestlers Kofi is in that group are Bob Backlund, Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, John Cena, The Miz, and Triple H.
“No matter how you look at it, that’s an impressive group to be counted among Two Hall of Famers, a 16-time World Champion, and a fellow Grand Slam Champion. Congratulations once again to your W. W. E. World. Heavy. Weight. Champion,” a WWE Press Release for Kofi’s accomplishment reads.
Kofi Kingston Championship Statistics
- 1x WWE Champion
- 4x Intercontinental Champion
- 3x United States Champion
- 4x WWE (RAW) Tag Team Champion (1x w/ Evan Bourne, 1x w/ R-Truth, 3x w/ New Day)
- 5x WWE (Smackdown) Tag Team Champion (all w/ New Day)
- 1x World Tag Team Champion (w/ CM Punk)
- 13th Grand Slam Champion in WWE History
- 30th Triple Crown Champion in WWE History