New matches are being advertised for the upcoming WWE Stomping Grounds pay-per-view event.
WWE Champion Kofi Kingston vs Kevin Owens, WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins vs Baron Corbin, and Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre in a singles match.
Originally, it was hyped that Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns will take place “for the first time ever in Tacoma.” That is a change.
WWE often takes full advantage of the “card subject to change” disclaimer, so it’s possible they will go in a different direction with at least one of these matches. These matches indicate where WWE’s storyline plans are headed in the months ahead.
WWE has replaced the previously scheduled Backlash pay-per-view event that was supposed to take place on June 16th with this show. For those who are wondering, the reason for the schedule changes is due to the Saudi Arabia show being moved from early May to June 7th.
The Stomping Grounds pay-per-view event will take place on Sunday, June 23 at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, WA. This venue holds over 23,000 seats.
WWE’s 2019 PPV Calendar
With the addition of Stomping Grounds, here’s an updated look at WWE’s pay-per-view calendar for the remainder of 2019:
- 6/7: Saudi Arabia PPV (Saudi Arabia)
- 6/23: Stomping Grounds (Tacoma, WA)
- 7/14: Extreme Rules (Philadelphia, PA)
- 8/11: SummerSlam (Toronto, ON)
- 9/15: Hell in a Cell (Atlanta, GA)
- 10/6: Clash of Champions (Sacramento, CA)
- 11/1: Saudi Arabia PPV (Saudi Arabia)
- 11/24: Survivor Series (Chicago, IL)
- 12/15: Tables, Ladders & Chairs (Minneapolis, MN)