Tonight’s episode of NXT will feature two huge matches, one squash match, and the continuation of one of WWE’s most intense storylines.
In 6-man tag-team action, the Undisputed Era will go up against stars of the United Kingdom division, Pete Dunne, Oney Lorcan, and Danny Burch. Arguably two of the best wrestlers on the roster, Ricochet, and the Velveteen Dream, will go at it in single’s action as well tonight.
Tomasso Ciampa is scheduled to be back on the show tonight and we will also see the Hawaiian Kona Reeves back in action as well.
NXT Preview (5/16/18)
Ricochet vs the Velveteen Dream
- Two of the best on the NXT roster will face off in 1-on-1 action tonight.
- Velveteen Dream took exception to Ricochet’s recent promo stating he was gunning for the NXT title. The Dream believes Ricochet is looking to step-over other stars, such as him.
What’s Next For Tommaso Ciampa?
- In one of WWE’s most intense storylines currently running, Ciampa will be back on NXT tonight.
- Last week, Ciampa was victorious in the main event over Johnny Gargano’s friend and traveling buddy, Kassius Ohno.
- Ciampa will be back on the show tonight but it is currently unclear what the next chapter holds for the Blackheart.
Pete Dunne, Oney Lorcan, & Danny Burch vs Roderick Strong, Adam Cole, and Kyle O’Reilly (Undisputed Era)
- WWE United Kingdom Champion, Pete Dunne, might be a loner but he will join forces with Lorcan and Burch as they unite over common enemies.
- Dunne was looking to exact revenge on Strong for turning on him in the Dusty Rhodes Classic recently. As Strong has the UE behind him, however, Dunne was outnumbered. Now with Burch and Lorcan backing him up, the sides are even tonight.
Kona Reeves Back in Action
- For the second time since receiving a gimmick makeover, Kona Reeves will be back in single’s action tonight.
- No opponent has been announced for the Hawaiian, which likely means tonight will be a squash match showcase for Reeves.