On Saturday, WWE’s NXT UK brand presented its first-ever Takeover special from Blackpool, England at the Empress Ballroom. The show aired live on the WWE Network.
– James Drake & Zack Gibson defeated Trent Seven & Tyler Bate (Mustache Mountain) to become the first-ever NXT UK tag team champions.
– Jordan Devlin attacked Travis Banks prior to their match. As a result, Banks was unable to compete. His replacement was announced: Finn Balor. Balor picked up the victory.
– Dave Mastiff defeated Eddie Dennis in a NoDQ match.
– Toni Storm defeated Rhea Ripley to capture the NXT UK Women’s Championship.
– Pete Dunne defeated Joe Coffey to retain the NXT UK Championship.
– After the main event, WALTER made his surprise debut. Walter laid out Coffey and had a stare-down with Pete Dunne.
Overall, this was an excellent show that you should go out of your way to watch. Just ask Vince.
— Vince McMahon (@VinceMcMahon) January 12, 2019
After the event, Triple H held a Q&A session, which you can check out below: