Two stars injured at Wednesday’s AEW Dynamite will be unable to compete at tonight’s Double or Nothing pay-per-view.
While it was originally said that Rey Fenix has been cleared to compete at the Double Or Nothing PPV, he has now been removed from the show.
The high flying star got banged up during this week’s episode of AEW Dynamite. The company then announced late Friday night that the former LU star is not cleared to compete at the show this Saturday.
Fenix will now be replaced by Joey Janela in the Casino Ladder match with the winner getting a future title shot at the AEW World Champion Jon Moxley:
AEW also announced Britt Baker has been pulled from the show. She suffered a knee injury during the women’s tag match. Her health will be addressed Saturday night. Penelope Ford will now face Kris Statlander in her place.
Updated Double Or Nothing Match Card
AEW Double Or Nothing will be taking place this Saturday from Daily’s Place and TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, Florida. You can check out the updated match card for the show below:
- Pre-Show #1 contenders match for AEW World Tag Team Championship: Private Party vs. Best Friends
- AEW World Heavyweight Championship: Brodie Lee vs. Jon Moxley (c)
- AEW TNT Championship Tournament Finals: Lance Archer vs. Cody Rhodes
- No DQ, No Count Out Match for the AEW Women’s World Championship: Hikaru Shida vs. Nyla Rose (c)
- Stadium Stampede Match: Matt Hardy and The Elite (Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, AEW World Tag Team Champions Kenny Omega and Hangman Page) vs. The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Sammy Guevara, Santana, Ortiz)
- Casino Ladder Match: Joey Janela vs. Luchasaurus vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Kip Sabian vs. Scorpio Sky vs. Orange Cassidy vs. Darby Allin vs. Colt Cabana vs. Mystery Man TBA
- Singles Match: MJF vs. Jungle Boy
- Singles Match: Shawn Spears vs. Dustin Rhodes
- Singles Match: Penelope Ford vs. Kris Statlander