Ring of Honor kicked off their 4-show War of the Worlds tour last night. The first stop for the promotion was in Lowell, MA. The show aired live for Honor Club subscribers.
ROH War of the Worlds Lowell
1. the Briscoes defeated Jushin Liger & Flip Gordon
- Flip was just booked to participate in the Best of the Super Juniors later this month in Japan.
- Jay Briscoe took Liger out of the match with a low blow. Moments later the Briscoes hit a double-team neck-breaker from the top on Flip for the win.
2. Tenille Dashwood and Sumie Sakai defeated Deonna Purrazzo & Skylar
- Brandi Rhodes was originally scheduled for this match but was removed due to injury.
- Dashwood pinned Skylar with a Shining Wizard.
- Colt Cabana played up on commentary how it was Dashwood and not WOH Champion, Sumie Sakai, who got the pin for their team. The commentary team speculated Dashwood could be the next in line for a title shot.
- After the match, Kelly Klein attacked Purrazzo and the two had to be broken up by security.
Dalton Castle Announcement/Brunch
- Castle came out to announce he would not be facing Matt Taven for the ROH World Championship as he has been dealing with a back injury.
- He read out his exact medical diagnosis: “My back is garbage”.
- Castle made it clear that even though he couldn’t compete that night, he was not relinquishing the title.
- To appease the fans, Castle said he would serve them all brunch. His music cued up and the Boys came out with buckets full of croissants and tossed them to the live crowd.
3. Coast 2 Coast defeated the Kingdom w/ Matt Taven
- Matt Taven was on commentary and he complained about losing out on his ROH World title shot due to Castle’s injury.
- C2C was coming into this one off of wins over War Machine and the Motor City Machine Guns.
- While the match was going on, members of SoCal Uncensored came to ringside and stole back their 6-Man tag-team championships which the Kingdom had taken from them (SCU were the legit holders). This allowed Coast 2 Coast to pick up a roll-up victory off the distraction.
- Taven complained that this was all part of the conspiracy against the Kingdom. He then challenged the members of SoCal Uncensored to face the Kingdom in 6-man action with the belts on the line later that night.
4. Cheeseburger defeated Bully Ray via Count-Out
- Bully beat him up with multiple powerbombs while Colt Cabana complained the match should have never been booked.
- Bully then hit Cheeseburger with a low-blow, walked out of the ring, and got himself counted out. He then returned to the ring, raised Cheeseburger’s hand, then gave him another powerbomb. After power-bombing Cheeseburger one more time on the outside, Bully finally left the ring area.
5. Marty Scurll, Adam Page, and Cody defeated Roppongi 3K
- Page appears to be going by just Adam Page now so possibly the Hangman gimmick has been dropped.
- More dissension between Marty and Cody was teased during this match. This has been building for a little while now.
- Scurll accidentally super-kicked Burnard the Business Bear. This upset Cody and he and Marty Scurll got into a shoving match before it was broken up by Page.
- They would put their disagreements aside, however, and Cody pinned Rocky Romero after a Cross Rhodes for the win.
- After the match, Cody went to check on the bear. Marty seemed to throw streamers on the bear in a sarcastic manner and then walked out on Cody and Page.
- Scurll continued to jar at Cody from the ramp while Cody was still in the ring.
6. Evil, Sanada, and Tetsuya Naito defeated Brian Milonas, the Beer City Bruiser, and Silas Young
- The members of Los InGobernables de Japon picked up the win in this match after Evil pinned Milonas following an STO.
- After the match, the two teams jarred at each other while LIJ celebrated in the ring.
7. Chuckie T defeated Jay White and Jay Lethal
- This match was as a result of the card shuffle due to Castle’s injury/brunch.
- Lethal gave the Lethal Injection to Jay White but immediately after Taylor rolled up Lethal and got the pin.
8. ROH 6-Man Tag Team Championships
the Kingdom defeated SoCal Uncensored (c)
- In a match made earlier in the evening, the Kingdom won back the 6-Man tag-team championships
- Taven is from the area. He hit the frog splash on Daniels for the win.
9. the Young Bucks defeated Hiromu Takahashi and Bushi
- In a high-paced exciting match, the Young Bucks picked up the win in the main event.
- Near the end of the match, Bushi hit Matt Jackson in the face with the poison mist. The result was that he super-kicked everyone (including his brother) and put a sharpshooter on the referee. Nick finally splashed water in his eyes.
- The Bucks picked up the win after a Meltzer Driver on Bushi.