WWE has recently announced that Roman Reigns will be joining the WWE roster for their UK tour in May. The tour is a post-WrestleMania tradition and the company will be buoyed by the inclusion of the ‘Big Dog’ to the tour.
Reigns made his in-ring return at this past weekend’s FastLane event. Roman had of course been battling his second bout of leukemia and had not been performing as an active Superstar since October 2018.
WWE will be heading to the following cities in England and Wales in May:
- 11th May – Newcastle Utilita Arena
- 12th May – Liverpool M&S Bank Arena
- 13th May – London O2 Arena (WWE RAW Taping)
- 13th May – Bournemouth International Centre
- 14th May – London O2 Arena (WWE Smackdown Live Taping)
- 15th May – Birmingham Resorts World Arena
- 16th May – Sheffield FlyDSA Arena
- 17th May – Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
At the time of writing Reigns’ WrestleMania opponent has not been confirmed. It does appear however that Roman will be facing Drew McIntyre following this week’s WWE RAW show. Roman Reigns was set to compete in his first singles match in five months against Baron Corbin on RAW. As Reigns was making his entrance, Drew McIntyre attacked Roman from behind and threw him into the ring post.
Reigns got in a couple of punches but McIntyre shrugged them off and levelled Roman with the Claymore Kick. McIntyre taunted Reigns and then hit another Claymore that sent Reigns’ face into the ring post. McIntyre said that this was just the beginning before WWE officials broke it up.
BREAKING NEWS: @WWERomanReigns is added to the UK May Tour 2019.
— WWE UK (@WWEUK) March 12, 2019