Impact Wrestling/Global Force Wrestling presented their Slammiversary 2017 pay-per-view on July 2nd from the Impact Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, FL.
– Don West welcomes us to Slammiversary as we see Bobby Lashley arriving backstage with King Mo. Alberto Del Patron is then shown arriving as well. A Slammiversary intro video airs featuring Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Sting, Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan, Samoa Joe and others.
– We go to the arena and immediately see a hawk or falcon flying into the ring. Robert Flores and Don West are on commentary. Dave Penzer is in the ring and he introduces some guests including representatives from Pro Wrestling NOAH and AAA.
– LAX (Santana & Ortiz) def. Garza Jr. & Laredo Kid; Drago & El Hijo De Fantasma; Naomichi Marufuji and Taiji Ishimuri: The GFW Tag Titles are on the line in this one, with two competitors in the ring at once. Santana and Marufuji start off trading chops and chain wrestling. Santana briefly takes control with a running shoulder block, but Marufuji comes back with a dropkick that sends Sanatana rolling away. Laredo Kid tags in and works over Marufuji until Marufuji tags in Taiji. Taiji hits a springboard splash off the top, then a backflip kick to the head. Ortiz comes in next and trades chops to the chest with Ishimuri. Ortiz hits a Northern Lights suplex for a two count. Ortiz hits a variation of a Death Valley Driver, then Garza makes the save. Garza hits a running headscissors, then a springboard arm drag. Drago and Hijo run in and start dropping everyone with double team moves. They clear the ring, then Hijo hits suicide dive to ringside. Drago goes for one of his own, but he gets tripped up by LAX on the apron, then Santana boots him in the head. Ortiz comes in and the LAX members double team Drago and Hijo. LAX hits the Street Sweeper on Drago then hit a double team backbreaker/leg drop combo. The other challengers run in which leads to a pyramid-type spot in the corner. Marufuji and Ishimuri double team Laredo Kid next but Hijo and Drago break it up. Fantasma hits a Frankensteiner on Marufuji, then Drago goes for a move off the top but he slips and falls. Drago hits a tornado DDT on Ishimuri for a two count. Both LAX members and Laredo Kid hit moonsaults on their opponents off the top simultaneously. Marufuji hits a suicide dive onto Santana at ringside. A distraction from LAX at ringside leads to Ortiz hitting a superkick on Hijo, but Hijo comes right back with a modified spinning piledriver. Santana breaks up the pin, then Hijo throws him outside and hits a suicide dive on him and Marufuji. Homicide hops on the apron and barely hits the Gringo Killa on Garza on the apron. Back in the ring, Drago and Ishimuri trade elbows to the face until Drago hits a hurricanrana. Drago throws Ishimuri outside then hits a corkscrew plancha. Back in the ring, Laredo Kid boots Santana in the head and hits a Spanish Fly for a two count. Laredo Kid goes back up top, but Ortiz runs in and suplexes him off. LAX hits a double team powerbomb/blockbuster on Laredo for the win.
– LAX celebrates in the ring after the match, and Konnan cuts a promo saying there’s a new member coming soon to LAX.
– Jeremy Borash is pacing nervously backstage when Joseph Park walks in and tells them their match tonight against Matthews and Steiner will be a no DQ match. Borash doesn’t like the sounds of that, but Park cryptically tells him not to be afraid to rely on an old friend.
– DeAngelo Williams and Moose are backstage getting ready to come out for their match.
– DeAngelo Williams & Impact Grand Champion Moose vs. Chris Adonis & Eli Drake: Moose starts off against Chris and quickly takes control. Drake quickly tags in, and Drake says he wants Williams, so Moose tags in Williams. Willliams and Drake lock up and Drake gets him in a headlock. Williams pushes him off but Drake comes back with a shoulder table. Williams blocks a hip toss and flips around Drake to roll him up from behind for a one count. Williams gets Drake in a hammerlock then tags in Moose. Moose hits a splash on Drake in the corner with Williams hits a running cannonball. Moose follows up with a running dropkick on Drake in the corner for a two count. Moose punches Adonis off the apron, and that distraction allows Drake to drop Moose from behind. Chris tags back in and hits a suplex on Moose for a one count. Adonis works over Moose until Moose gets the hot tag to Williams who cleans house. Williams drops Drake with a Samoan Drop then hits a standing moonsault for a two count. Williams continues the offense then hits a neckbreaker, but Chris breaks up the pin. Moose runs in and drops Chris then hits a senton drop on him. Williams hops on Moose’s back piggy-back style, then they hit a double senton drop on Masters. Drake throws Moose outside, and Drake and Adonis double team Williams. Williams fights back and dumps them both to the outside. Williams hits a baseball slide dropkick on Drake and Adonis at ringside, then Moose follows up with a moonsault off the turnbuckle onto Drake and Adonis at ringside. Moose and Williams grab a table and throw it in the ring. Adonis and Drake come back in the ring and drop Williams on the ring steps, then they hit a double team backbreaker/knee drop on Moose. Adonis and Drake set up the table then lay Moose on it. Drake goes up top but Williams knocks him off and Moose crawls off the table. Moose hits the big boot on Adonis, then lays Adonis on the table. Williams goes up top and hits a frogsplash on Adonis onto the table (which doesn’t break) for the win.
– After the match, Moose and Williams celebrate until Moose decides he still wants that table to break. Moose attacks Drake and Adonis on the ramp, then he throws Drake in the ring. Moose grabs Drake and powerbombs him through the table.
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) July 3, 2017
– EC3 does an interview backstage where he says James Storm has been the man in Impact for the last 15 years, and that’s why EC3 chose him to rip apart. EC3 says Storm is a man, but EC3 is the man.
– EC3 vs. James Storm: This one is a strap match. Storm puts on his end of the strap immediately, and the referee eventually gets EC3 to put his on too. Storm starts off with a flurry of right hands that sends EC3 down into the corner. Storm continues to pummel on Carter with right hands, then he starts repeatedly whipping him across the back and chest with the strap. EC3 rolls outside where Storm hits a spinebuster into the ring apron. EC3 eventually comes back by using the strap, then takes Storm back in the ring where he chokes him with the strap. EC3 whips Storm across the back but Storm no-sells it and drops EC3 with a forearm shot. Storm follows up with a running beckbreaker and a kick to the head. Storm goes up top, but EC3 yanks him down to the mat with the strap. EC3 grabs a pair of handcuffs from under the ring and he tries to handcuff storm to the turnbuckle. Storm was playing possum and instead Storm cuffs EC3 to the top rope. EC3 starts begging, but eventually spits in Storms face then Storm whips EC3 across the back while he’s handcuffed. Storm gets up to well over 30 lashes across EC3’s back. The ref finally unlocks the handcuffs on EC3. Storm hits the One Percenter on EC3 for a two count. EC3 rolls outside and takes the strap off his wrist, then pulls the strap and causes Storm to crash into the ring post. Back in the ring, EC3 hits the One Percenter for a two count. EC3 and Storm start trading slaps to the face until Storm stops him with a big boot. Both men are down as Storm is still selling the ring post shot earlier. EC3 picks up a lifeless Storm then hits a variation of the Pedigree for the win. Medics check on Storm after the match and they help him to the back.
– Karen Jarrett is backstage with Dutch Mantel and they’re trying to figure out where Bruce Prichard is.
– We see a video backstage highlighting the feud between Josh Matthews and Jeremy Borash, and the involvement of Joseph Parks and Scott Steiner.
– Jeremy Borash & Joseph Parks def. Josh Matthews & Scott Steiner : This one is a no disqualification match. The Pope joins the commentary team. Josh Matthews hits some kicks on Park to start things off. Matthews goes for a flying forearm shot but he just bounces off of the much larger Park. Park drops Matthews with some shoulder blocks and clotheslines, then he tags in Borash. Borash comes in, then Matthews tags in Steiner. Borash looks terrified of Steiner and immediately tags Park. Steiner tees off on Park with right hands, but Park comes back with some punches of his own. Matthews cheap shots Park from behind, which leads to Steiner clotheslining Park then hitting an elbow drop. Matthews runs in and hits a suicide dive onto Park and Borash at ringside. Steiner rips apart the fan barricade and throws a part of it towards Borash and Park on the ramp. Borash and Park run backstage, and Steiner and Park follow. Matthews runs after them, but Steiner has a better idea. “Josh, lets get in the golf cart and run their fat asses over.” Steiner drives the golf cart with Borash riding shotgun, then Borash and Park blast them with fire extinguishers. A fan drives into the backstage arena and Steiner steals his SUV. They chase down Borash and Park in the stolen SUV all the way across Universal Studios to the hotel across the street. Borash back body drops Matthews into the pool, then Borash hits a Swanton Bomb onto Matthews in the pool. The two announcers fight underwater, while Steiner and Park fight in a parking area. Steiner throws Park through a door, then goes to look at Borash. We hear JAWS music, then get a special appearance by Shark Boy in the pool. Shark Boy bites Matthews and allows Borash to escape. Park regains consciousness only to see his old manager “The Sinister Minister” James Mitchell standing above him. Matthews and Steiner chase Borash back to the arena. Steiner and Matthews chase Borash down to ringside where they beat him down. They throw Borash in the ring and Matthews attempts a Swanton Bomb but misses. Borash spears Matthews and pummels on him until Steiner makes the save. Steiner beats down JB and gets ready for the Steiner Recliner, but Josh Matthews says to let him do it. Matthews puts the Recliner on Borash until Shark Boy makes the save. Shark Boy throws haymakers at Matthews and Steiner until Steiner grabs him and hits a suplex. Steiner follows up with another belly to belly suplex, and Shark Boy is down. Steiner tells Matthews to back off, then Steiner puts JB in the Steiner Recliner. Abyss’ old entrance music hits and James Mitchell appears on the stage. Abyss runs in through the crowd and drops Steiner and Matthews from behind. Abyss hits repeated splashes on Matthews and Steiner in each other. Mitchell hands a bag of thumb tacks to Abyss and Abyss spreads them out in the ring. Matthews hits Abyss form behind then low-blows him, but Abyss comes right back and Black Hole Slams Matthews onto the thumb tacks. JB hits a frog splash off the top on Matthews on to the tacks, then Abyss pins Matthews for the win. Abyss, Borash, James Mitchell and Shark Boy celebrate on the ramp and head to the back.
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) July 3, 2017
– Alberto El Patron does an interview backstage where he says this is the biggest night of his life.
– Eddie Edwards and Alisha Edwards def. Davey Richards and Angelina Love: Eddie and Alisha jump Richards and Love from behind as they make their entrances to kick things off. The two intergender teams brawl around ringside and Alisha hits a splash off the top onto Richards and Love. Eddie and Alisha tee off on Dave and Angelina with garbage can lids, then they put a garbage can over the two of them. The Edwards’ use kendo sticks to hits their opponents through the trash can. Edwards powerbombs his wife onto Richards for a two count. Edwards goes for a powerbomb in Richards, but Angelina makes the save with a kendo stick. Richards hits a brainbuster on Eddie, then Angelina brings a cup of tacks into the ring. Davey holds Eddie and Angelina pours the tacks into Eddie’s face. Alisha makes the save and spears Angelina. Alisha hits some low blows on Richards, then Eddie hits a running knee on him. Angelina is bleeding from the bridge of her nose. Alisha powerbombs Angelina off a ladder through a table in the corner. Eddie and Davey fight on the top of the ladder, which leads to Eddie hitting a sunset flip powerbomb off the ladder through the table for the win.
– Sonjay Dutt def. Low Ki: This one is a best two-of-three falls for Dutt’s X-Divison Title. Low Ki and Dutt are both cautious in the opening moments. Low Ki gets Dutt in a cross armbar early on but Dutt reaches the ropes. Low Ki hits some kicks on Dutt then a European uppercut. Dutt dodges a clothesline and hits a hurricanrana, then an arm drag into a shoulder lock. The Champion and challenger exchange mat wrestling holds until Dutt hits a tornado double-underhook DDT. Dutt goes for a moonsault but Low Ki moves. Low Ki climbs up top but Dutt leaps up and slaps him across the face. Dutt goes for a superplex but Low Ki pushes him off. Dutt comes back with a Frankensteiner, but Low Ki rolls through it and hits the Warriors Way double foot stomp for the three count. Low Ki has scored the first fall of the match. Low Ki takes Dutt out to the apron and goes for a brainbuster, but Dutt gets out. Low Ki spears Dutt into the turnbuckle and he goes for the Warriors Way but misses. Low Ki starts selling his ankle, but it turns out he was playing possum as he throws the ref into Sonjay. The distraction allows Low Ki to hit a springboard kick to the face of Dutt for a two count. Low Ki lays Dutt on the ring steps and goes for the Warriors Way off the top rope, but Dutt moves out of the way. Low Ki is now selling his ankle again, and Dutt hits a springboard moonsault onto Low Ki that sends both men into the fan barricade. Back in the ring, Dutt puts Low Ki in a half Boston Crab. Low Ki gets out and hits the Warriors Way on Dutt. Low Ki goes for a Dragon Sleeper but Dutt reverses into a pin for the three count. Dutt and Low Ki each have one fall, so the next fall will determine the winner. Dutt and Low Ki trade strikes in the ring until Low Ki appears to have injured his hand throwing a punch. Dutt hits a series of elbows to the face, then a big boot. Dutt misses a splash in the corner, and Low Ki capitalizes with a running kick to the head. Low Ki hits a Michinouku Driver for a two count. Dutt comes back with a series of kicks then tosses Low Ki. Dutt hits a moonsault into a double foot stomp for the three count and the win to retain his X-Division Title.
– Sienna def. Rosemary: This one will unify the GFW and Impact Wrestling Women’s Titles. Gail Kim comes out to the ring before the match and he holds up the two Championship Belts. Rosemary starts off in control with strikes. Rosemary hits a Russian leg sweep for a two count. Rosemary throws Sienna to the outside, where she gets into an argument with Laurel and her cousin. Rosemary takes advantage of the distraction with a splash off the top onto Sienna on the floor. Back in the ring, Sienna comes back with a suplex and a boot to the face. Sienne hits some more kicks until Rosemary comes back with a choke over the top rope. Rosemary takes Sienna up top and hits a German suplex down to the mat. Rosemary goes back up top and hits a missile dropkick. Rosemary hits a flying forearm shot in the corner, then a T-bone suplex. Rosemary misses a kick, and Sienna capitalizes with a splash in the corner. Rosemary comes back with a boot to the head of Sienna for a two count. Sierra starts to come back, but Rosemary shuts her down with the Red Wedding. Laurel runs in and pulls referee Earl Hebner out of the ring to distract him. Meanwhile in the ring, Sienna hits Rosemary in the head with the Title Belt. Hebner rolls back in the ring and counts, but Rosemary kicks out at 2. Rosemary goes for the mist, but Sienna blocks it. This leads to Sienna locking Rosemary in a variation of a guillotine choke for the win via submission.
– Jeremy Borash is in the ring (with his arms taped up due to the thumbtack spot earlier) and he introduces Impact Wrestling founder Jeff Jarrett. Double J comes out wearing a suit and Borash leaves. Jarrett talks about his family in the wrestling business, and he thanks everyone who has ever bought a ticket, pay-per-view, t-shirt, or even sent a Tweet. He tells Alberto El Patron and Bobby Lashley to bring their A-game tonight because he’ll be watching.
– Alberto El Patron def. Bobby Lashley: Lashley is accompanied to the ring by other members of American Top Team. El Patron is accompanied by his father and brother. El Patron and King Mo almost get into it while JB is doing the ring introductions. Lashley spins around El Patron and hits a German suplex early on. El Patron gets Lashley in a hammer lock then hits a German suplex of his own. Lashley elbows El Patron away, then El Patron dumps Lashley outside. El Patron goes for a suicide plancha on Lashley, but Lashley catches him with an uppercut in mid-air. Lashley slams El Patron’s head into the announce table, then Dos Caras and King Mo get into it at ringside. Lashley continues beating down El Patron then hits a running powerslam onto the top of the steel ring steps. Lashley misses a spear and crashes into the ring post, then El Patron capitalizes with a DDT. El Patron boots Lashley in the face then hits a series of clotheslines. Lashley comes back with a spinning neckbreaker. Lashley goes up top but El Patron runs up and hits a superplex. El Patron hits a series of kicks, then mounts Lashley in the corner for some punches. Lashley grabs El Patron to stop the punches and powerbombs him down for a two count. El Patron puts Lashley in an arm bar, then hits a backstabber for a two count. Lashley rolls outside and El Patron goes for a suicide dive but misses. Back in the ring, Lashley works over Patron with punches. Patron comes back with an elbow to the face, then a tornado DDT into an armbreaker. Patron goes for the armbar, but Lashley lifts him up and powerbombs Patron down. Patron comes back with an armbreaker and a superkick for a two count. King Mo is seen grabbing a steel chair at ringside, which Dos Caras makes note of and backs him down. Patron gets in King Mo’s face and they shove each other. Lashley takes advantage of the distraction and executes a flying armbar on Patron. Patron fights out, but Lashley takes him right back down with a spear. Lashley goes for another spear, but Patron blocks it with a dropkick. Patron spears Lashley through the ropes and both men crash to the ringside floor. King Mo tries to get involved, so Dos Caras hits a low blow on him. Lashley shoves away Dos Caras, then throws Patron in the ring. Lashley goes back after Dos Caras and shoves him again. The distraction allows Patron to kick Lashley to the back of the head. Patron slams Lashley’s head into the ring post, then hits a double foot stomp for the win.
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) July 3, 2017
– After the match, Jeff Jarrett, Sonjay Dutt, and members of management come out to the stage and then the ring. Patron celebrates in the ring with them and his family. Patron holds up both the GFW and Impact World Titles in the corner, as Lashley is sitting down with a look of disappointment on his face. Patron shakes hands with Jeff Jarrett and then poses on the turnbuckle again Slammiversary goes off the air.