Here are the results fro the WWE NXT Taping – at Full Sail University, in Orlando Florida – September 20, 2012
Pre-Show Dark Match
– Damien Sandow vs Brandon Traven
Sandow won with the straight jacket neckbreaker.
Video from earlier today:
Heath Slater petitioned Dusty Rhodes for an NXT title shot. Vickie Guerrero was with Slater. Dusty said that if Slater can beat Rollins tonight, he would get a title shot.
– Brodus Clay w/ Cameron and Naomi vs Camacho
Brodus Clay won with a running splash.
On stage, Byron Saxton interviewed Richie Steamboat. Richie was not medically cleared to compete. Kassius Ohno interrupted them, saying he was finished with Steamboat and would now focus on winning the NXT title. He then gave Steamboat a white towel and said it was time for him to throw it in and give up.
– Kassius Ohno vs Trent Barreta
Barreta won with the running knee. Ohno was distracted when Steamboat came down and threw the towel in his face, allowing Barreta to hit the maneuver.
– Layla and Alicia Fox vs Paige and Audrey Marie
Layla won with a reversal into a crucifix pin on Marie.
Briley Pierce interviewed Seth Rollins about the upcoming match. Rollins ragged on Vicki and said Slater’s 15 minutes of fame is up.
– Bronson vs Lincoln Broderick
Bronson won with a figure four. This was a quick squash.
Antonio Cesaro came to the ring to cut a promo. He asked the crowd to rise for the national anthem. He tried to get the Swiss anthem played but was cut off by Tyson Kidd. Kidd challenged Cesaro for the US Championship and ended the exchange by slapping him.
Backstage, Vickie was checking out Slater before his match.
– Heath Slater w/ Vickie Guerrero vs Seth Rollins
Rollins won with a standing Shiranui.
– The Usos vs Michael McGillicutty & Johnny Curtis
The Usos won when Jimmy hit a Samoan Drop on Curtis and Jay followed up with a Superfly Splash. After the match, Ascension’s theme hit and they stared down the Usos from the rafters.
– Xaiver Woods vs Leo Kruger
Kruger won with the Kruger End.
On stage, Bryon Saxton interviewed Big E Langston about the five count. Langston cut a promo where he continuously use the number five. Vickie Guerrero came out and tried to recruit him into her stable. Instead of joining her, he threw powder in her face which caused her to storm off.
Jinder Mahal came to the ring and cut a promo about going after the title. He said it is his right to get a rematch for the title. Justin Gabriel cut him off and said that there already are many guys waiting in line ahead of Mahal for a title shot. Drew McIntyre did the same and then Bo Dallas did as well. Dusty Rhodes came to the stage and announced a fatal four way elimination match for the number one contendership would happen next week.
– CJ Parker vs Roman Reigns
Reigns won with a backdrop into an uranagi.
– United States Championship Match: US Champion Antonio Cesaro vs Tyson Kidd
Cesaro won with the neutralizer.
– Kassius Ohno vs Trent Barreta
Ohno won with the rolling elbow.
After the match Ohno tried to attack Barreta, but he missed the elbow and fell out of the ring instead.
– Big E Langston vs Memo Montenegro
Langston won with The Big Ending. The ref only counted 3.
After the match, Langston did his usual post match repetition of hitting The Big Ending and doing a five count. Vickie Guerrero appeared on screen and said that she put a $5,000 bounty out for Langston because of what he did last week. An unknown wrestler ran down to attack Langston, but got hit with The Big Ending and a five count instead.
– Luke Harper w/ Bray Wyatt vs Jason Jordan
Harper won with the Big Bossman Slam.
Before the match Wyatt and Jordan went back and forth on the mic. Wyatt introduced Harper as “the first son of the Wyatt Family”.
Harper is former indy star Brodie Lee.
On stage, Byron Saxton interviewed Roman Reigns. Reigns dismissed Saxton and cut a brief promo about how he is the man and everybody wants to be him.
– Justin Gabriel vs Drew McIntyre vs Jinder Mahal vs Bo Dallas
Mahal won by eliminating Dallas with the Camel Clutch. Previously, Dallas had eliminated both McIntyre and Gabriel with spears.
After the match, Rollins stopped Mahal from beating up Dallas and the two of them briefly brawled.
– Ascension vs Yoshi Tatsu and Percy Watson
Ascension won with Total Elimination on Tatsu.
Dark Match Main Event
John Cena, in a sling, came out and spoke about how excited he had been about coming to NXT and that during the drive over tonight he was extremely disappointed that he couldn’t compete. He promised that he would be back when he is healthy to compete again and that the turn out tonight really moved him. Antonio Cesaro came to the ring and ragged on Cena for being unable to face him. Cena brought out Sheamus as a surprise replacement.
World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus vs US Champion Antonio Cesaro
Sheamus won with the Brogue Kick.
They had a nice long match, instead of a short squash you might expect. Afterwards, Sheamus went around ringside and signed autographs for anyone who wanted one.
News / Notes
– The next taping is October 11th.
– Tonight was the first full sell out for a Full Sail NXT taping. The staff had to set up an overflow area in the entrance lobby for everyone who couldn’t get a seat. They put up a large screen and placed rows of folding chairs in front of it.
– A friend of mine went to get some food during the show and ran into Richie Steamboat, who was talking with some fans there. The storyline reason Steamboat wasn’t wrestling tonight is that he got hurt during the previous episode’s six man tag match. However, he told fans that he wasn’t wrestling tonight because he recently suffered a concussion.
– Brad Maddox worked as a referee for the diva’s match.
– After the Slater-Rollins match, Vickie was visably displeased with Slater. This was likely just a one time thing done as a way to have her manage someone on the show without Ziggler being at there.
– They introduced a new commentator tonight. Unfortunately I only caught his first name, Tony. He joined Regal and Saxton. They alternated between different combinations of the three throughout the night, with JR joining for each episode’s main event.
– Matt Striker was the ring announcer for the first and third episode. Summer Rae replaced him for the second episode.
– Before the show began, Striker showed a QR code on screen and said there would be bonus content streamed throughout the night for smartphone users who scanned it.