Impact Wrestling held its latest round of television tapings on Monday night from Toronto at the Rebel Complex, site of the previous night’s Slammiversary XVI pay-per-view. Matches from these tapings will air over the next several weeks.
Thanks to reader Mr. Eddy G for this report:
– The blue ring ropes are back.
– The OGz (w/Eddie Kingston) defeated an ‘enhancement’ team in a squash match. Kingston says LAX is done, but they came out and the two teams brawled.
– ‘Bone Soldier’ Taiji Ishimori defeated Petey Williams. They shook hands after the match, but were attacked and laid out by the Desi Squad.
– Impact World Champion Austin Aries came out for a promo and thanked everyone in the back for making Slammiversary a huge success. He issued an open challenge to anyone who wants a shot at his title, which brought out Eddie Edwards. Edwards came through the crowd with a kendo stick and attacked Aries.
– Scarlett Bourdeaux made her debut and was interviewed on the ramp. She is calling herself “The Smokeshow” and is doing a gimmick where she won’t be made to feel bad because she’s so attractive.
– Johnny Impact defeated Trevor Lee (w/Caleb Konley) after hitting Starship Pain. Konley interfered a lot during the match. Johnny cut a promo after the match saying he wants to be Impact World Champion, but first he has unfinished business with Kongo Kong and won’t rest until he takes Kong to Slam Town.
– Tessa Blanchard defeated Rebel.
– The Desi Hit Squad (w/Gamma Singh) beat Fallah Bahh and KM. Bahh and KM teased tension between them, but eventually hugged it out.
– Brian Cage defeated Matt Sydal to retain the X Division Championship in a SSlammiversary rematch.
– Allie and Kiera Hogan beat Su Yung and an unnamed bridesmaid. Tessa Blanchard attacked Allie after the match.
– Impact Champion Austin Aries beat Dustin Quicksilver (w/Anthony Carelli) after Carelli threw in the towl. Quicksilver is a student from Carelli’s Battle Arts Academy. As Aries was making his way to the back, Eddie Edwards appeared and hit Aries with a kendo stick.
– Eli Drake and Trevor Lee (w/Caleb Konley) beat Grado and Joe Hendry (w/Katarina).
– Pentagon Jr. and Fenix defeated Dave and Jake Crist (w/Sami Callihan). Sami wore a sling and a cast after his arm was broken at the pay-per-view. This was said to be a great main event with Pentagon and Fenix hitting their signature spots.
Impact will host another round of TV tapings tonight from the same venue.