The following are TNA Impact Wrestling taping results for the show that will air this Thursday night, May 1st, on Spike TV:
– There is a backstage segment with MVP and Eric Young. Mr. Anderson, Gunner and Bobby Roode all claim to want a shot at Young’s TNA World Championship since they all won their matches at the Sacrifice pay-per-view on Sunday. MVP says he came up with a concept called the endurance challenge. He has everyone pick a card from a deck of cards. The person who draws the high card sits back. The other two face each other, with the winner getting the guy who sits out. It ends up that Ken Anderson will face Gunner, with the winner competing against Bobby Roode. The winner of that match gets the title shot in tonight’s main event.
– Magnus is angry that he didn’t get an offer for another title match. Abyss ends up attacking Magnus, who ultimately runs away.
– Bully Ray comes to the ring with a table that has the name “Dixie” written on it. He says he has a rib injury, but if Dixie Carter is in the building tonight, she is going to go through a table.
– Gunner def. Mr. Anderson when James Storm’s attempt to interfere backfired, resulting in Gunner pulling out the victory.
– Ethan Carter III comes to the ring for an interview. He says next week he will be facing Kurt Angle. Tonight, he announces that he has an exhibition match with Rockstar Spud.
– EC3 and Spud were doing their exhibition match when Kurt Angle comes out and vows that in seven days, he will bring pain to EC3.
– Bobby Roode def. Gunner. With the win, Roode earns the title shot against Eric Young in the main event.
– Dixie Carter is shown in the building, flanked by security guards. The guards bring the table with her name on it to the ring. She sits on the table and cuts a promo about how she was double-crossed at the Lockdown pay-per-view earlier this year. She talks about how she made history at Sacrifice on Sunday by putting the “master of the tables” through two tables.
– Willow def. James Storm via DQ. The disqualification came when Storm shoved down the referee. Mr. Anderson ends up doing a run-in and lays out Storm for screwing him in his contender match with Gunner earlier in the evening.
– The Beautiful People come to the ring in evening gowns. They do a long tease claiming they are going to take off all of their clothes. Eventually they don’t and instead simply mock the crowd. Angelina Love gloats about becoming the Knockouts Champion for the sixth time by defeating Madison Rayne at the Sacrifice pay-per-view. Gail Kim comes out and says she’s going to strip The Beautiful People of everything. Love and Velvet Sky end up getting chased out of the ring. As they run towards the back, Rayne and Brittany come out and tear their dresses off.
– Sanada & The Wolves def. The Bro Mans & DJ Z in six-man tag-team action.
– Eric Young def. Bobby Roode to retain the TNA World Championship in the main event of the evening.