New Japan’s annual Tokyo Dome show is now underway. The stacked card could end up being one of NJPW’s best ever and we’ve got the results as and when they happen.
Tetsuya Naito defeated Chris Jericho in the co-main event of the card. Naito is now once again the IWGP Intercontinental Champion, dethroning Y2J. This bout was changed to a No DQ contest when Jericho attacked Naito at the Fan Fest earlier this week. The match featured some hellacious kendo stick attacks from Jericho, the GOAT vowing to end Naito’s illustrious career. Naito also got some nasty looking strikes in late in the match, a huge welt appearing on Jericho’s chest. The finish came when Naito hit Destino on Jericho for the pinfall win.
Here’s the full card for the event:
- NEVER Openweight Championship Match – Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Will Ospreay
- IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match – Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado) (c) vs. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Shingo Takagi & BUSHI)
- RPW British Heavyweight Championship Match – Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Zac Sabre Jr.
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match – Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)
- IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship Match – Cody (c) vs. Juice Robinson
- IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match – KUSHIDA (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori
- Jay White vs. Kazuchika Okada
- IWGP Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship No Disqualification Match – Chris Jericho (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
- IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match – Kenny Omega (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi