Update On If Velveteen Dream Is Getting Called Up To The Main Roster

Velveteen Dream was defeated by Adam Cole in a Last Chance Backlot Brawl on Sunday.

Velveteen Dream
Velveteen Dream

Velveteen Dream was defeated by Adam Cole in a Last Chance Backlot Brawl at NXT Takeover: In Your House this past weekend.

One of the stipulations to the match was that if Dream failed to win the title, he could no longer challenge for it while Cole is the champion. His loss has led some to speculate whether Velveteen Dream could be getting called up to the main roster soon.

According to comments made on Wrestling Observer Radio, however, Dream will not be debuting on either RAW or Smackdown anytime soon.

“Velveteen Dream is not coming up,” Dave Meltzer said bluntly. “I was pretty much told that’s not happening now. Someday, of course, it will happen but it’s not in the plans today.”

Velveteen Dream In WWE

Patrick Clark Jr. was signed to WWE in 2015 after participating in the 6th season of Tough Enough. In 2017, Clark would debut his Prince-inspired gimmick of the Velveteen Dream. Since then, the 25-year-old won the 2017 NXT Feud of the Year award for his angle with Aleister Black.

Dream is a former 1x NXT North American Champion as well. He defeated Johnny Gargano for the belt on the January 30th, 2019 edition of NXT. Dream held the title for 231 days before dropping it to Roderick Strong.