New Japan Pro Wrestling’s annual Tokyo Dome concluded early this morning. The 6-hour super-show featured 9 matches, 7 of which were for championships.
Wrestle Kingdom 12 Results
- Masahito Kakihara won the New Japan Rumble
- Kakihara won the Rumble by eliminating Cheeseburger last. The 45-year-old former Best of the Super Juniors winner has been battling cancer and encouraged people to donate to Takayama’s fund.
- The Young Bucks defeated Roppongi 3K (c) to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships
- Beretta, Tomohiro Ishii, and Toru Yano won the 6-Man Tag Team Championship Gauntlet
- Former champions, Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, and Tanga Loa were the last team eliminated.
- Kota Ibushi defeated Cody
- Hirooki Goto defeated Minoru Suzuki to win the NEVER Openweight Championship
- Suzuki was forced to shave the back of his hair off in the ring after the match.
- Will Ospreay defeated Marty Scurll, Hiromu Takahashi, and KUSHIDA to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
- Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Jay White to retain the IWGP Intercontinental Championship
- Kenny Omega defeated Chris Jericho to retain the IWGP United States Championship
- Kazuchika Okada defeated Tetsuya Naito to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Championship