WWE has cancelled several house shows which had been scheduled for later this month. According to a report from PW Insider, 5 RAW house show events have been cancelled.
The cancelled events are as follows:
- Bossier City, Louisiana on Friday August 23rd, 2019
- Lafayette, Louisiana on Saturday, August 24th, 2019
- Mobile, Alabama on Sunday, August 25th, 2019
- Bangor, Maine on Friday, August 30th, 2019
- Portland, Main on Saturday, August 31st, 2019
Ticketmaster is no longer listing any of the above events on their website. WWE has removed mention of the events from their schedule. The events are still scheduled on the venue websites, however. Based on this information, it is expected WWE will offciailly announce the cancellations shortly.
WWE Live Event Cancellations
The cancelling of the upcoming shows could lead to speculation WWE is concerned about attendance on weekend house shows. WWE’s RAW house shows earlier this month did the following numbers according to the Wrestling Observer:
- 8/2 in Fort Wayne, Indiana drew 2000
- 8/3 in Toledo, Ohio drew 3800
- 8/4 in Erie, PA had no attendance listed
Earlier this month, WWE cancelled several planned Smackdown house shows as well. The promotion cancelled an August 3rd event in Bowling Green, Kentucky and one from Kalamazoo, Michigan scheduled for August 5th was also cancelled.