WWE filed trademark applications for several performers last week.
The company filed to protect the following names with the US Patent and Trademark Office on January 9, 2020:
- Brock Lesnar
- Paul Heyman
- Bobby Lashley
- The Usos
- Mojo Rawley
- Lio Rush
- Kayden Carter
There has been a lot of news regarding wrestling-related trademarks in recent months. Ric Flair and WWE have been at odds over who owns the rights to the name, “The Man” – a moniker used for decades by Ric Flair and more recently, Becky Lynch.
WWE and All Elite Wrestling (AEW) have been registering trademarks for old pay-per-view event names from WCW and ECW. Wrestlers have also been filing trademark applications left and right to protect their likenesses.
Below, we’ve rounded up some recent articles related to wrestling trademarks:
- Cody Rhodes Files to Trademark “SuperBrawl” and “Slamboree”
- WWE Has Attempted To Oppose Cody Rhodes Over WCW PPV Trademarks
- Luke Harper Applies To Trademark “Brodie Lee”
- Charlotte Flair & Andrade File For New Trademarks
- Cody Rhodes Attempt To Trademark Dusty Rhodes Rejected
- The Revival File To Trademark “Shatter Machine”
- AEW Files To Trademark, “Blood and Guts”
- WWE Files Trademark For Possible ESports Gaming League