WWE’s Money In The Bank pay-per-view aired live from the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL on June 17th, 2018.
Kickoff Show results:
– Renee Young welcomes us to the pre-show panel at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL, as she’s joined by Booker T, David Otunga and Sam Roberts. We see fans in the background being seated.
– We go backstage to Charly Caruso who says she’ll be joined by Daniel Bryan later for a Q&A. Kevin Owens walks in an interrupts her and he rants about Braun Strowman. A staffer walks in and gives Owens a bag of pancakes, and Charly wonders which New Day member will enter the ladder match tonight.
– Back to the panel, Renee promotes tonight’s card and the panel gives some of their predictions for tonight.
– Daniel Bryan joins the pre-show and he discusses his upcoming match with Big Cass, and the obstacles of facing such a bigger wrestler. Bryan says his main advantages over Cass are his legs, heart and lungs, adding that Cass can’t outwork him or outpace him tonight.
– Seth Rollins is backstage for an interview with Charly Caruso. Rollins is holding remains of Elias’ smashed up guitar, and he mocks Elias. He says Elias isn’t on his level, and talks about his intentions to beat Elias tonight.
– Samoa Joe joins the pre-show panel, and Kevin Owens joins him shortly after. Owens tries to recruit Joe to help him deal with Strowman, but Joe says he isn’t buying what Owens is selling and doesn’t trust him.
– Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. The Bludgeon Brothers: Gallows and Anderson start off fired up an they control the page of this one early on. Harper is selling a knee injury as the Good Brothers clear the ring and dump the Bludgeon Brothers out to ringside. Harper and Rowan turn it around at ringside after separating Anderson and Gallows and beating them down one by one. Back in the ring, it’s all the Bludgeon Brothers now as they take turns working over Karl Anderson in the ring. Rowan hits a big splash on Anderson in the corner and then taunts the crowd. Anderson finally starts fighting back as Rowan misses a shot in the corner. Anderson hits a spinebuster on Harper as Gallows recovers and gets on the apron to receive the tag. Gallows gets the hot tag and starts laying into Harper with kicks. Gallows dumps Rowan outside and continues the offense on Harper. Gallows hits a pump handle slam on Harper, then along with Anderson he dumps Rowan outside. Anderson follows up with a suicide dive on Rowan, and Gallows turns around into a big boot from Harper. Harper knocks Anderson off the apron, then goes back to working over Gallows. Harper looks for a suplex, but Anderson reverses. Rowan runs in and takes out Anderson, and then the Bludgeon Brothers hit the double team powerbomb on Gallows for the three count.
Winners: The Bludgeon Brothers
– We go back to the pre-show panel with Renee to run down the card again. They talk about the Ronda Rousey-Nia Jax match, and Booker T mentions CM Punk getting beat on UFC recently. The countdown runs out and it’s now time for Money In The Bank!
WWE Money In The Bank 2018 results:
– Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass: Bryan gets a huge “yes” chant for his entrance. The opening bell sounds and Bryan starts off strong. Bryan takes Cass down to the mat several times and connects with several kicks. Back in the ring, Cass works over Bryan and slows things down with a bear hug. Bryan fights free and connects with some punches, but Cass shuts him down with a knee and drops him down to the mat again. Cass works over Bryan in the corner until Bryan trips him and then goes to work on Cass’ left knee. Bryan wrestles Cass down to the mat and puts him in the Yes Lock, but Cass is able to reach the ropes to break it. Cass rolls outside and Bryan hits a flying baseball slide kick, and Cass crashes against the fan barricade. Bryan follows up with a suicide dive off the turnbuckle on to Cass down on the floor. Back in the ring, they fight up the turnbuckle and Cass is able to come back with a superplex. Cass puts Bryan up in the Torture Rack, and then slams him down for a two count. Bryan fights back and takes out Cass’ knee again, and then he follows up with the Yes Kicks. Cass blocks the last kick and grabs Bryan by the throat. Bryan breaks free and kicks out Cass’ knee again, then kicks him in the head while he’s down.
Cass fights back up to his feet and drops Bryan. The crowd chants for Bryan and Cass wastes some time yelling at the crowd. Cass puts Bryan up in the Torture Rack again, but Byan escapes and answers with a flying knee to the head of Cass. Bryan drags Cass to the middle of the ring and goes back to work on his bad knee. Bryan applies a heel hook on Cass and Cass screams. Cass taps out and Bryan wins via submission.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
– Bryan celebrates his win on the turnbuckle after the match as the whole crowd does the “Yes” chant.
– We see a promo for NXT & the UK Championship tournament on the WWE Network.
– The New Day is backstage planning for the ladder match tonight when Kevin Owens walks in. Owens gives them pancakes and “Canadian maple syrup,” and The New Day appears to warm up to Owens. Owens then propositions them to help take out Braun Strowman, but The New Day says they aren’t cheaters. Owens reveals that he doesn’t like pancakes or breakfast foods, and The New Day gets angry at him. Big E yells at Owens and they tell him to get out of their locker room. Owens storms off and tells them not to blame him if Strowman destroys everyone later. Big E tells Owens to wait and he turns around. Big E steals his Canadian maple syrup, and they tell him to leave again.
– Sami Zayn vs. Bobby Lashley: Sami circles the ring after the bell sounds and wastes some time. Lashley chases Sami back in the ring, but Sami still appears reluctant to engage. Zayn gets a cheap shot in on Lashley and dumps him outside. Sami follows Lashley outside and whips him into the ring post, then he rolls back in the ring as the ref counts. Lashley gets back in the ring and almost immediately turns it around against Zayn. Lashley slams Sami down and dominates the next few moments of the match with power moves. Lashley picks up Sami in his signature stalling vertical suplex and slams Sami down hard. Lashley covers for the three count after a short match.
Winner: Bobby Lashley
– Nia Jax is shown backstage, and Ronda Rousey is also shown backstage warming up with Natalya in her locker room.
– Elias is out for a song, and he trashes Rollins and the fans, but is quickly interrupted by Rollins’ entrance.
– IC Title: Seth Rollins (c) vs. Elias: The opening bell sounds and Rollins starts off strong here. Rollins wrestles Elias down to the mat and applies a hammer lock. Elias fights out and stuns Rollins with a flurry of punches. Elias stomps on Rollins when he’s down until the ref stops him. Rollins recovers and fires back with punches on Elias. Rollins levels Elias with a big dropkick, and Elias rolls outside. Rollins hits a suicide dive on Elias outside, and then beats Elias down on the floor. Back in the ring, Rollins works over Elias in the corner, but he misses a kick and Elias takes advantage with a big lariat that sends Rollins falling down to the ringside floor.
Elias takes Rollins back in the ring and beats him down, working over Rollins’ neck. Elias follows up with a DDT for a near-fall. Elias controls the next few moments until Rollins fires up and sends Elias out to ringside. Rollins follows up with a big suicide dive on Elias on the floor and connects, but Rollins sells his neck right after. Back in the ring, Rollins hits a Blockbuster off the middle rope for a two count on Elias. Rollins goes up top but misses and his knee buckles. Elias capitalizes with a running knee to the face of Rollins for a two count. Elias picks up Rollins in the Electric Chair position, but Rollins fights out. Rollins is still selling the bad knee as Elias works him over. They fight back and forth, and Rollins hits a superkick but only gets the two count. Rollins is still selling the knee and is having trouble standing now. Rollins goes up top for a frogsplash, but Elias gets his knees up to block it. They fight up to the turnbuckle and Elias knocks Rollins down to the mat. Elias goes up top, but Rollins runs back up and superplexes Elias off the top. Rollins follows up with the Falcon Arrow for a two count. Rollins goes for the curb stomp but Elias rolls outside. Rollins goes for a suicide dive, but Elias side-steps and Rollins crashes into the fan barricade. Elias beats down Rollins at ringside, then rolls him back in the ring. Elias goes up top and connects with a flying elbow off the top for a two count.
Rollins and Elias fight on the corner, and Rollins slides through Elias’ legs and goes for a powerbomb. Rollins picks up Elias for the powerbomb, but Rollins’ bad knee goes out and they both fall down. Elias gets to his feet and tries to capitlize with a pin, but only gets the two count. Rollins and Elias trade a series of roll-up pins. Rollins rolls through and rolls up Elias sitting on his legs, and he scores the surprise three count.
Winner & still Intercontinental Champion: Seth Rollins
– Rollins celebrates with his IC Title belt as Elias recovers and looks shocked about the finish.
– We see a promo video hyping up the women’s Money In The Bank ladder match coming up next.
– Money In The Bank: Ember Moon vs. Lana vs. Sasha Banks vs. Naomi vs. Natalya vs. Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Charlotte: The opening bell sounds and all of the women go at it, and the fight spills out to ringside early on. Ember gets back in the ring with a ladder, and she brawls with Sasha Banks. Ember springboards off the middle rope and hits a splash on Sasha while she’s standing, and they fall down flat onto a ladder laying on the mat. Sasha rolls outside and she’s selling the back. Lana gets in the ring now and hits Ember with a ladder, then hits the X Factor. Lana sets up a ladder, but Natalya comes in and takes her out. Naomi comes in but Natalya drops her on the ladder and then sends her out to ringside. Charlotte runs in and starts hitting chops on Natlya, then suplexes her down. Becky runs in and fights with Charlotte over a ladder. Naomi springboards off the ladder and clotheslines down Natalya, then she dropkicks the ladder into Becky and Charlotte. Naomi then hits a suicide dive on Alexa out at ringside. Naomi gets back on the apron and hits a blockbuster on Sasha down on the floor. Back in the ring, Ember, Becky and Naomi brawl over a ladder. Ember and Naomi gang up on Becky now and send her outside, and then Naomi and Ember trade kicks. Naomi hits some kicks, but then Ember flips Naomi ontop of a ladder.
Charlotte and Sasha fight on a ladder, but Natalya runs in and takes Charlotte down. Becky then shoves Sasha off the ladder, but Sasha lands on Charlotte and Natalya. Becky climbs the ladder, but Alexa takes her off the ladder and drops her. Lana brings another ladder in the ring now as the other women brawl. All of the women fight up on ladders in the middle of the ring. Natalya pulls Sasha down and slams her into the ladder, knocking down Becky in the process. Charlotte boots Natalya down, then powerbombs Ember off the ladder onto another ladder. Charlotte drops Lana next, then goes to work on Alexa. Alexa hits the Code Red on Charlotte, then Alexa fights with Lana. Lana kicks Alexa in the head and then locks in The Accolade. Lana starts climbing the ladder, but Naomi jumps up the ladder and kicks Lana down. Becky runs in and pulls Naomi down. Becky and Charlote climb the ladder now until Alexa shoves them off. Charlotte spears Alexa down, then climbs back up the ladder. Sasha runs up and pulls her off the ladder and hits the back stabber. Eveyone keeps running for the ladder and getting pulled off. Natalya hits an electric chair drop on Lana, then Ember kicks Natalya down. Charlotte rams Ember into aladder, and then Becky suplexes Charlotte down. Becky climbs up and almost gets the briefcase, but she gets shoved down. Alexa climbs up quickly and grabs the briefcase while the other women are laying around the ring.
Winner: Alexa Bliss
– Alexa stands on the ladder with the briefcase as we go to replays and the other women are laying around the ring.
– Kurt Angle and Paige are backstage discussing the women’s Money In The Bank match. Paige says she’s confident that one of her SmackDown wrestlers will win the men’s Money In The Bank match. Paige also tells Kurt to keep his eyes off her roster, because they’re loyal to SmackDown. Baron Corbin walks in and interrupts. Corbin tells Angle that RAW better win the men’s ladder match too, if Angle wants to please Stephanie. Paige says Corbin is just still sour about losing his Money In The Bank contract last time, and Corbin walks off.
– Sunil Singh is out on the stage in a wheelchair and cast to introduce Jinder Mahal.
– Jinder Mahal vs. Roman Reigns: The opening bell sounds and Jinder charges, but Reigns blocks and unloads on Jinder with right hands. Reigns continues the offense on Jinder until Jinder rolls outside for a breather. Reigns follows him outside and brawls with Jinder at ringside. Reigns misses a drive-by and Sunil Singh miraculously gets out of his wheelchair and attacks Reigns from behind while the ref is distracted by Jinder. Jinder capitalizes and beats Reigns down in the ring now. Jinder shoves Reigns outside into the fan barricade, then takes him back in the ring for some elbow drops and a two count. Reigns starts fighting back but Jinder shuts him down with a knee to the face. Reigns misses a Superman punch and Jinder capitalizes with a gutbuster. Reigns fights back and connects with a Superman punch for a two count. Reigns goes for another one, but Jinder stops him. They fight out to ringside, and Jinder knocks Sunil Singh down while he’s out there. Reigns drops Jinder, and then spears Sunil at ringside. Back in the ring, Jinder and Reigns fight back and forth until Reigns connects with a spear for the three count.
Winner: Roman Reigns
– Reigns celebrates the win as Jinder and Sunil recover at ringside.
– We see a promo video for the Women’s Championship feud between Carmella and Asuka.
– Women’s Title: Carmella (c) vs. Asuka: The opening bell sounds and Carmella avoids contact early on. Asuka finally gets a hold of her and beats Carmella down. Asuka hits the running hip attack and bumps Carmella outside. They fight on the apron and Carmella slams Asuka into the ring post. Carmella takes control of the match in the ring now. Carmella misses a shot and Asuka fires up. Asuka takes control of the match now and works over Carmella’s shoulder. Asuka looks for the Asuka Lock but Carmella resists it. Asuka misses a shot and falls out to ringside as Carmella recovers. Carmella kicks Asuka off the apron and follows up with a suicide dive. Back in the ring, Carmella pins but only gets a two count, and Carmella starts getting frustrated. Asuka escapes a pin attempt and kicks Carmella right in the face. Someone gets up on the apron wearing Asuka’s robe and mask and distracts Asuka. Carmella takes advantage of the distraction to roll up Asuka for a two count. Asuka kicks Carmella down, and is then distracted by the masked individual again. He yanks the mask off and it’s revealed to be James Ellsworth! The crowd pops and Asuka can’t believe it. Carmella boots Asuka in the head while she’s distracted for the three count.
– Ellsworth hits the ring and celebrates the win with Carmella. She grabs her Women’s Title belt and runs up the ramp with Ellsworth.
– We see a promo video looking a the history between WWE Champion AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nkamura.
– WWE Title: AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura: The opening bell sounds and they lock up in the middle. Nakamura misses a kick and AJ connects with an elbow to the face. AJ follows up with a dropkick and Nakamura goes down. AJ follows up with more strikes and he works over the challenger in the corner. AJ follows up with a backbreaker, and then he drumps Nakamura out to ringside. AJ follows up with a springboard forearm from the ring down onto Nakamura on the floor. Nakamura comes back with a suplex on the entrance ramp, and then he lays AJ over the apron and knees him in the face. Nakamura leaps off the ring steps and connects with another knee to the head of the Champion.
Nakamura takes control of things in the ring and chokes AJ in the corner. They fight out to ringside and brawl into the crowd. AJ hops up on the fan barricade, but Nakamura kicks his legs out from under him. They fight back into the ring, where Nakamura comes flying off the middle rope, but AJ knocks him out of mid-air with a dropkick. AJ follows up with a big facebuster. AJ goes to pick Nakamura up, and Nakamura goes for a low blow, but AJ dodges it. They go back at it and AJ misses a shot, leading to Nakamura hitting a reverse exploder. Nakamura looks for the Kinshasa, but AJ shuts him down with a forearm to the face. AJ hits the fireman’s carry into a neckbreaker, and Nakamura is down. AJ hits an elbow to the face and then he looks for the Phenomenal Forearm, but Nakamura kicks AJ out of the air.
Nakamura takes AJ out to ringside and tosses him onto one of the three commentary tables. Nakamura runs across the other announce tables and hits the Kinshasa on AJ. Nakamura rolls AJ back in the ring, and puts a table in the ring too. They fight up the turnbuckle, and it looks like AJ is going to powerbomb Nakamura through the table, but Nakamura fights out. The table gets tipped over and Nakamura slams AJ onto the edge of it. Nakamura stands the table up in the corner and then throws AJ through it. AJ gets up before the ref’s 10 count, and Nakamura removes the turnbuckle padding in one corner. AJ tries to fight back, but Nakamura kicks him down. NAkamura sets up AJ in the corner and charges for the knee strike, but AJ moves and Nakamura’s knee hits the exposed turnbuckle. AJ starts working over Nakamura’s knee now, and he applies the calf crusher. The fight spills outside and AJ smashes a steel chair over Nakamura’s knee. Nakamura hits a low blow on the champion, and both men are down. Nakamura takes AJ up on to a table, but AJ shoves him off. AJ goes flying off the table with a Phenomenal Forearm on the challenger.
AJ takes Nakamura up to the ring steps and picks him up. AJ sets Nakamura up for the Styles Clash, and he hits it off the ring steps down to the ringside floor. Nakamura is down until the ref’s count reaches 9. Nakamura dares AJ to come at him, so AJ charges and kicks him below the belt. AJ gets back in the ring as Nakamura sells the low blow on the floor. AJ goes flying off the top with a Phenomenal Forearm on Nakamura through the announce table. Nakamura is down for the ref’s 10 count, and AJ Styles wins.
Winner & still WWE Champion: AJ Styles
– AJ steps away from the carnage at ringside and gets in the ring to hold up his WWE Title belt.
– We see a video package looking at Nia Jax’s Women’s Championship reign and Rona Rousey challenging her tonight.
– Nia Jax (c) vs. Ronda Rousey: The opening bell sounds and Nia starts off strong, backing Ronda into the corner. Nia hits a splash in the corner, then goes for another one but misses. Ronda comes back with punches until Nia headbutts her down. Nia hits a splash in the corner, and then goes for a Samoan Drop, but Ronda Escapes. Ronda locks Nia in a kimora lock, and then goes for an armbar, but Nia fights out. Nia powerbombs Ronda down to the mat, and Ronda falls out to ringside. Nia slams Ronda into the fan barricade and then takes her back in the ring. Ronda tries to fight back, but Nia shuts her down and hits a gorilla press slam. Ronda goes for a front face lock, but Nia slams her down. Nia applies a bear hug now but Ronda fights her way out with elbows to the face. Nia shoves Ronda off the ropes and hits a Samoan Drop. Nia looks to follow up with a leg drop, but Ronda moves out of the way. Nia then misses a spear in the corner and Ronda applies an arm bar over the ropes. Ronda lets go and then climbs up to the top rope. Ronda hits a flying cross body off the top on Nia and pins for a two count. Ronda hits a flurry of punches and then a flying knee to the face. Ronda judo throws Nia down for a two count. Ronda looks for an arm bar but Nia escapes. Ronda hits a version of the Rock Bottom on Nia and then goes for another arm bar. Ronda almost has it locked in, but Alexa Bliss runs in and starts hitting both Ronda and Nia with the Money In The Bank briefcase.
Winner via DQ: Ronda Rousey
– Alexa throws Ronda into the ring post and then outside. Alexa goes outside and hits Ronda with the briefcase and then throws her over the announce table. Back in the ring, Alexa hits Nia with the briefcase a couple times, and then Alexa cashes in her contract on Nia. The ref calls for the bell and we have a match.
– Nia Jax (c) vs. Alexa Bliss: Alexa immediately hits a DDT on Nia and then goes up top. Alexa hits the Twisted Bliss off the top for the three count to win the Women’s Title.
Winner & new Women’s Champion: Alexa Bliss
– Alexa takes her Women’s Title belt and heads up the ramp as Nia recovers in the ring.
– Men’s Money In The Bank match: Aiden English sang for Rusev’s entrance. Kofi Kingston is revealed to be the New Day member taking part in this match. The opening bell sounds and everyone goes at it, with Braun Strowman clearing the ring fairly quickly. Strowman rolls outside and Joe elbows him in the back of the head. Kofi then comes flying off the ring steps with a shot on Strowman. OWens charges at Strowman on the ramp, but Strowman clotheslines him down. Roode, Balor, Rusev and Miz gang up on Strowman, and all the wrestlers start throwing ladders on to Strowman’s body on the stage.
Back in the ring, Miz starts climbing a ladder, but Joe knocks him off. Kofi comes in and clears the ring now until Owens and Balor comes back in. Balor drops Owens and hits the double foot stomp, then starts climbing. Bobby Roode knocks Balor off the ladder and starts climbing. Balor pulls Roode off and dropkicks him. Owens nails Finn with a ladder and then takes him out to ringside. Rusev starts clibing in the ring, so Owens goes after him, but Rusev slams him into a ladder. Joe runs in and drops Rusev now, then puts him in the corner and kicks him in the head. Kofi springboards off the top rope and knocks Joe down. Kofi climbs the ladder but Miz knocks him down, so Kofi throws Miz down to the floor at ringside. Kofi goes to the top rope and hits a suicide dive down onto his opponents at ringside. Balor follows up with a suivide dive of his own onto everyone else at ringside. Balor goes up to the stage to get a ladder, and as he grabs one, Strowman gets back up to his feet. Strowman starts dropping everyone on the ramp until Joe comes flying out of the ring with a flying forearm to Strowman on the floor. Owens superkicks Strowman, then Rusev boots Braun in the face. Rusev and Owens beat down Braun on the stage, and Owens sets up a table next to a ladder. Braun starts fighting back, so Joe locks the Coquina Clutch on him. Owens then superkicks Strowman next. Owens climbs up a very tall ladder, as Joe and Rusev hold Strowman down on the table. Strowman fights up and kicks Joe and Rusev down, and Strowman climbs up the ladder and grabs Owens. Strowman single-handedly tosses Owens of the ladder, and Owens crashes through a table. Strowman chokeslams Kofi onto a ladder on the stage next, and then he lays out everyone else on the ramp. Strowman gets in the ring and goes after The Miz now, then Joe comes in and drops Strowman. Strowman gets sent outside and Balor dropkicks him into the fan barricade. Roode whips Balor into the ring post, then he brawls with Joe in the ring. Joe Rock Bottoms Roode down on the mat, then Joe starts throwing hands with Rusev. Rusev dumps Joe outside, then Rusev kicks Roode in the head.
Kofi comes back in the ring but Rusev drops him. Rusev applies The Accolade to Kofi and Roode at the same time. Miz runs in, and Rusev drops him and applies the Accolade to Miz, Kofi and Roode simultaneously. Joe breaks it up, but Rusev drops him. Rusev climbs for the briefcase, but Miz knocks him off. Roode and Balor clear the ring, then Balor drops Roode. Balor climbs a very all ladder set up outside the ring, and he jumps into the ring on Roode with the Coup De Grace. Balor climbs the ladder in the ring now, but Strowman pulls him down. Braun then hits a powerslam on Joe, then one on Miz. Braun and Finn clib the ladder at the same time, and Kofi leaps up onto Braun’s back. Braun knocks Finn down, then he tosses Kofi down. Strowman is at the top of the ladder and he grabs the briefcase for the win.
Winner: Braun Strowman
– After the match, Strowman holds up the briefcase and celebrates his win. We go to replays as everyone else recovers around the ringside area. Strowman poses in the ring with the briefcase as Money In The Bank goes off the air.