WWE Money in the Bank 2020 aired on the WWE Network tonight. Jeff Hardy defeated Cesaro during the Kickoff Show.
Money in the Bank Results
- New Day def. Lucha House Party, Miz & Morrison, Forgotten Sons to retain the SD Tag Titles
- Bobby Lashley def. R-Truth
- Bayley def. Tamina to retain the SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Braun Strowman def. Bray Wyatt to retain the Universal Championship
- Drew McIntyre def. Seth Rollins to retain the WWE Championship
- Asuka won the Women’s MITB Ladder match
- Otis won the Men’s MITB Ladder match
Here are 5 takeaways from the show:
5New Day Retained
New Day defended the SmackDown Tag Team Championships against Miz & Morrison, Lucha House Party, and Forgotten Sons in a Fatal 4-Way match.
Match Recap: Kingston and Gran Metalik started off the match. Kofi took control but Blake tagged himself in and continued to beat Metalik down. Cutler tagged in and Metalik battled back with a springboard Splash. John Morrison tagged in and Metalik greeted him with a Dropkick.
Morrison battled back and hit a Phoenix Splash off the top rope and onto several superstars outside the ring. Metalik hit Cutler with a Tornado DDT before Lince Dorado and Morrison tagged in. Lince booted Morrison in the head and went for a cover but Blake broke it up at two.
John Morrison hit Starship Pain on Big E but Lince broke up the cover. Dorado hit Morrison with a Stunner and then Metalik tagged in. Metalik hit Morrison with a Hurricanrana that sent John to the outside.
Metalik hit Big E with an Elbow Drop off the top rope but the Forgotten Sons broke up the cover. Cutler launched Kingston into the ring post outside the ring and then Jaxson Ryker tripped up Big E. The referee threw Ryker out from ringside. Lucha House Party then took everyone out with a couple Splashes. Back in the ring, Big E hit the Big Ending on Metalik for the pinfall victory. New Day are still the SmackDown Tag Team Champions.