WWE RAW aired from the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. The Brand-to-Brand Invitational began with Corbin battling Drew McIntyre, and Bliss & Cross defended their Women’s Team Championships against The IIConics. Edge also answered Orton’s challenge for a traditional wrestling match at Backlash.
RAW Results (5/18)
- Edge accepted Randy Orton’s challenge for a match at Backlash
- Murphy def. Humberto Carrillo
- Charlotte Flair def. Ruby Riott
- Bobby Lashley def. R-Truth
- Bliss & Cross def. The IIconincs via DQ to retain the Women’s Tag Titles
- Shayna Baszler def. Natalya in a Submission Match
- Kevin Owens & Apollo Crews def. Angel Garza & Andrade
- Aleister Black def. Murphy via DQ
- Drew McIntyre def. King Corbin
Here are 6 takeaways from this week’s show:
6Edge Will Face Randy Orton At Backlash
Charly Caruso kicked off the show in the ring and introduced Randy Orton. Randy once again stated that Edge was the better man at WrestleMania but he is not the superior wrestler. He intends to prove that at Backlash in a traditional wrestling match. Randy claimed that Edge didn’t accept the challenge last Monday night because he saw doubt in his eyes.
Orton added that Edge’s grit and passion is gone and is now just doubt. Edge interrupted and marched down to the ring. Edge said that Orton spoke a lot of truths last week and gave him a lot to contemplate. Edge added that this was all just a game and a paycheck for Orton because this isn’t the life he wanted. This was his backup plan and was handed this opportunity.
Edge said that Orton doesn’t care about this business like he does and boasted about defeating Randy for the IC Title in the past. He claimed Randy doesn’t love the sport like the rest of the locker room does before Orton interrupted. Orton demanded an answer and Edge accepted the challenge. The two superstars stared at each other before Orton left the ring.