The October 1, 2018 edition of WWE RAW took place at the Key Arena in Seattle, WA.
– Dean Ambrose comes out first to kick off tonight’s show with an in-ring interview. Ambrose talks about Braun, Drew and Dolph, and their comments last week about Seth and Roman being champions and Dean having nothing. Ambrose talks about the possibility of leaving The Shield, and how everyone is wondering when he’s going to get fed up and snap. We see some footage of Ambrose standing with The Shield last week, and Ambrose talks about cleaning up Seth and Roman’s messes. Ambrose says he’s going to stand by his family, because The Shield is a brotherhood. Ambrose says The Shield will always ride in to battle together. Ambrose goes to head to the back, but Baron Corbin comes out to interrupt. Corbin says all he hears is a bunch of whining, and it sounds like something is bothering Dean. Ambrose says Corbin is just mad because he can’t shut The Shield down. Corbin says he has three options for Ambrose tonight: 1. Face Rollins for the IC Title, 2. face Reigns for the Universal Title, or 3. face Braun Strowman in a singles match. Ambrose says he’s not going to fall for Corbin’s plan, and he wants an option #4: Ambrose vs. Corbin. Corbin says that’s not an option, so he’ll make the choice for him, and he’s going to face Braun Strowman right now.
– Dean Ambrose vs. Braun Strowman: Strowman starts off strong and boots Ambrose down to start. Strowman whips Ambrose in to corner and and keeps him grounded now. Strowman picks up Dean and hits a version of a full nelson slam, then he taunts Ambrose and slaps him across the face. Braun hits a chokeslam and then stalks Dean in the corner. Ambrose thumbs Strowman in the eye and then dumps him out to ringside. Back in the ring, Strowman comes back with a clubbing blow to the chest of Ambrose that drops him. Strowman goes for a slam, but Ambrose escapes and hits a DDT. Ambrose takes things outside, but Strowman turns it around and drops Ambrose. Strowman looks for the finish on Ambrose, but then Roman Reigns’ music hits and Reigns comes out to the ring. Reigns jumps in and attacks Braun. Seth Rollins runs in next to back up Reigns, and Braun retreats from the ring.
Winner via DQ: Braun Strowman
– As Braun retreats up the ramp, Dolph and Drew join him on the ramp. Seth and Roman help Ambrose to his feet. Corbin comes out and books Rollins vs. McIntyre, and also Reigns vs. Ziggler. Reigns vs. Ziggler is up next.
– Seth Rollins checks on Dean Ambrose backstage in the trainer’s area. Ambrose makes a cryptic comment about how he could be the IC Champion right now, and walks off.
– Roman Reigns vs. Dolph Ziggler: Corbin comes out before the match and informs Reigns that he can’t defend his Universal Title tonight, because Corbin has decided he won’t defend it until Crown Jewel. This one is a non-title match. The opening bell sounds and Ziggler starts off strong. He pulls Reigns down to the mat by the hair and then hits a knee drop for a two count. Reigns looks for a spear in the corner, but Ziggler dodges it and Reigns hits the ring post. Reigns falls out to ringside and Ziggler follows. They trade strikes on the floor until Ziggler executes a DDT on the floor. Back in the ring, Ziggler hits the Fameasser for a two count. Ziggler keeps Reigns grounded with a side headlock, until Reigns fights up. Reigns misses a punch and Ziggler applies a sleeper hold. Reigns breaks free and hits some clotheslines. Reigns hits a series of clotheslines in the corner. Reigns bounces off the ropes and hits a big boot. Reigns looks for a Superman punch, but Ziggler dodges it. Ziggler hits the Zig Zag for a two count. Ziggler looks for the superkick, but Reigns stops him with a Superman punch for a two count. Reigns looks for a spear, but Ziggler dodges it and rolls him up for a two count. Reigns comes back with a spear and pins for the three count.
Winner: Roman Reigns
– Reigns celebrates on the turnbuckle after the match.
– The Bella Twins are backstage with Natalya and Ronda Rousey. Ronda is warming up for her match.
– Ronda Rousey vs. Ruby Riott: The Bella Twins and Riott Squad are at ringside for this one. The opening bell sounds and Ronda hits a series of arm drags, causing Ruby to roll outside for a breather. Back in the ring, Ruby grabs Ronda by the hair and turns things around. Ruby chokes Ronda up against the ropes and then elbows her across the face. Ruby continues to try to keep Ronda grounded, until Ronda catches her with a back suplex. Ronda follows up with some right hands and a gut-wrench suplex, and then she applies the arm bar for the win via submission.
Winner: Ronda Rousey
– Ronda celebrates in the ring after the match.
– Bobby Roode vs. Konnor: Gable and Viktor are at ringside for this one. The opening bell sounds and Konnor starts off strong, overpowering Roode in the opening moments. Roode fights back with kicks and then he hits the blockbuster off the middle rope. Viktor looks to get involved, but Gable takes him down. The distraction leads to Konnor hitting a version of he Dominator for the three count.
– The Ascension celebrates as Roode recovers and Gable watches from ringside.
– We go to a pre-taped promo from Alexa Bliss talking about the upcoming all-women’s pay-per-view.
– The B Team vs. The Revival: The opening bell sounds and Dash and Dawson take turns working over Curtis Axel in the opening moments. Dallas finally gets the tag and he cleans house. Dallas hits a running big boot and elbow to the face of Dawson. Wilder distracts Axel, and Dawson capitalizes with a spinebuster. The Revival looks for a double team on Axel, but Axel blocks it with his knees and and pins for the three count after a short match.
Winners: The B Team
– After the match, the Authors of Pain attack The B Team on the apron. They throw the B Team in to the ring and hit the Super Collider, then they pose with Drake Maverick.
– Dean Ambrose is backstage still selling injuries from his match earlier. Roman Reigns approaches him and asks if Ambrose is alright. Ambrose says he’s all good, but they got in his way earlier. Reigns says they had to help him earlier because they can’t have him out of action for the Australia show. Ambrose says if he wasn’t such a nice guy, he’d be Universal Champion right now, then he walks off.
– Still to come: Shawn Michaels is in the house.
– Corbin is backstage congratulating The Authors of Pain on the good work. They talk about how good it feels to run people over.
– We see a promotional segment for the Susan G Komen Foundation.
– Dolph Ziggler is backsage giving a pep talk to Drew and Braun. Braun talks about the possibility of Ambrose leaving the Shield to join their movement, and Strowman says he would welcome Ambrose because he’s a “tough bastard.” Strowman says he wants to roll with winners, so Drew needs to do his thing tonight. Braun then looks at Ziggler and says he has no room for weak links, then walks off.
– We see a preview for Total Divas featuring Lana and Rusev.
– Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre: The opening bell sounds and they lock up, and Drew overpowers Seth in the corner. Drew slaps Seth across the face, and Seth comes back with a series of punches. They run the ropes and Rollins hits a superkick that knocks Drew to the outside. Rollins follows up with a suicide dive. Seth slams Drew into the fan barricade, and then takes him back in the ring. Drew comes back with a kick to the ribs for a two count. Drew applies a shoulder lock to try to keep Seth grounded. They fight out to the apron and Seth looks for a powerbomb, but Drew escapes and shoves Seth into the ring post. Drew carries Seth up on to the ring steps, and hits a side walk slam on to the ring apron. Back in the ring, Rollins turns it around and hits a blockbuster off the middle rope. Rollins hits a flying clothesline for a two count. Drew looks for an Alabama Slam, but Rollins escapes. They trade strikes now until Rollins catches Drew with a Falcon Arrow for a two count. They fight up the turnbuckle, which leads to Rollins breaking free and powerbombing Drew into the opposite turnbuckle. Dolph Ziggler comes out and causes a distraction, which leads to Drew hitting the Claymore kick for the three count.
Winner: Drew McIntyre
– After the match, Dolph and Drew beat down Rollins. Reigns, Ambrose, and Strowman all come out now, and all Hell breaks loose. They brawl until Strowman and company get the upper hand and start double-teaming the Shield members one-by-one. Braun, Dolph and Drew pose after the match before leaving.
– We see a video package looking at the feud between Samoa Joe and AJ Styles.
– Still to come: Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens; and Shawn Michaels is in the house.
– Elias is backstage warming up. Kevin Owens approaches Elias’ dressing area and admires his snacks of mints, spinach, and nuts on a table in front of them. Elias says he was given the wrong kind of nuts, and he throws the bowl of nuts at the production assistant who brought them over.
– We see a shot of the outside of the Key Arena in Seattle, and then we go to a video package for WWE 2K19.
– Elias is in the ring with his guitar, and Kevin Owens is sitting beside him. Owens and Elias talk about their similarities, and say that they’re both great guys. Owens says them teaming up makes sense, but Lashley and John Cena teaming up doesn’t make sense. Elias gets a lot of heat for trashing Seattle for not having a basketball team anymore. The crowd is still booing ever since the Seattle Supersonics reference, as Elias and Owens start trashing Cena and Lashley. Owens says Cena ruins everything, just like the people of Seattle ruin everything, and that’s why their basketball team left. Lio Rush comes out to interrupt and he’s got a mic. He talks about Cena being a legend, and how important this tag match is going to be at the Super Show Down. Lio says Kevin better focus on his match tonight though, because Lashley will make him look foolish if he doesn’t. The crowd chants for the Seattle Supersonics and Elias taunts them from the ring. Lio says Lashley is the heavyweight who is back to dominate is here in Seattle, and he then introduces Lashley.
– Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens: Lashley hits a couple of suplexes early on. Owens comes back with a side headlock takedown, and Owens tries to keep Lashley grounded now. They fight into the corner and Lashley misses a shot, then Owens throws Lashley in to the opposite ring post. Owens dumps Lashley outside and Elias taunts him while he’s down. Owens takes Lashley back in the ring and hits a senton drop for a two count. Owens works over Lashley’s left arm and shoulder, trying to keep him grounded. Lashley starts to turn things around and hits a spinebuster. Elias and Lio get into it at ringside, which distracts Lashley, and this leads to Owens rolling up Lashley from behind for the three count.
Winner: Kevin Owens
– Owens and Elias beat down Lashley after the match. Lio Rush comes flying off the top, but Elias swats him out of the air. Owens then hits the Pop Up Powerbomb on Lashley. Owens and Elias pose in the ring before leaving.
– The broadcast team promotes the Mixed Match Challenge on Facebook Live.
– Bayley vs Alicia Fox: Finn Balor, Jinder Mahal and Sunil Singh are at ringside. Alicia starts off fired up and backs Bayley in to the corner with strikes. Bayley comes back with a suplex, but Alicia shuts her down with a knee strike. Alicia hits a Northern Lights suplex for a two count. Alicia whips Bayley in to the corner and drops her. Bayley fires back with strikes and a neckbreaker. Bayley snaps Alicia down and hits a dropkick. Jinder causes a distraction from ringside, so Bayley kicks him through the ropes, and then Finn Balor hits the Sling Blade on Jinder on the floor. Bayley turns around and ducks a big boot from Alicia. Bayley follows up with the belly to belly supelx for the three count.
– Balor and Bayley celebrate after the match as Jinder and Sunil question Alicia at ringside.
– We see a video package looking at the WWE Evolution pay-per-view.
– WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels comes out to the ring and he gets on the mic. Michaels talks about the Triple H vs. Undertaker match this Saturday. Shawn says he booked his flight to Australia to see this, and he knows this will be a historic event. Shawn says he planned to just be at the show as a fan, but that all changed when Undertaker trashed him. Michaels talks about ‘Taker getting mad because he predicted that Triple H will beat him. Shawn says he knows Undertaker will have his brother Kane in his corner, so Shawn is going to be in his brother Triple H’s corner. Kane’s music hits and Shawn looks to the stage, but instead Kane appears behind Shawn. Kane drops Shawn with a right hand, and then the lights go out. The gong sounds, and the black lights come on, to reveal Undertaker and Kane in the ring. Undertaker picks up Shawn for a Tombstone, but then Triple H’s music hits. Triple H hits the ring and brawls with Taker and Kane, and then Shawn gets to his feet. Taker hits a chokeslam on Triple H, and then Kane hits a chokeslam on Michaels. Kane and Taker look down at Triple H and Shawn, and they get ready to leave, but then Taker turns around. Taker turns his attention back to Triple H, and he grabs The Game and hits a Tombstone piledriver. Kane and Undertaker walk out of the ring and look back at Shawn and Triple H, who are still laying. Undertaker and Kane make their way up the ramp and raise their hands as RAW goes off the air.