One WWE star has made his return from injury to in-ring action under the WWE banner. SmackDown talent Tye Dillinger did so on Saturday night in Dekalb, IL at the NIU Convocation Center.
Dillinger battled former WWE Intercontinental Champion Shelton Benjamin in a singles match but ultimately came up short.
Yes I still wrestle! I actually start back tonight….
— Ronnie Arneill (@perfec10n) February 9, 2019
It was reported earlier last month that Dillinger was close to returning to the ring. Back in October, the company announced that he suffered a hand injury and had to undergo surgery as a result of it.
According to the statement that was posted on the official website of the company, the SmackDown star suffered the injury while competing at a live event in Macon, GA at the Macon Centreplex. At this show, he lost to Shelton Benjamin in a singles match.
WWE Dekalb Results
- Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev defeated New Day and The Usos – Triple-Threat Tag Team Match
- Carmella & Naomi defeated Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville
- Shelton Benjamin defeated Tye Dillinger
- Mustafa Ali defeated Samoa Joe
- SmackDown Live Women’s Champion Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair goes to a no-contest once Becky Lynch attacked both Flair and Asuka with a crutch.
- WWE United States Champion R-Truth defeated Andrade
- The Miz & Jeff Hardy defeated The Bar
- AJ Styles defeated Randy Orton – Main Event