Dustin Rhodes apologizedto TNA wrestler Mustafa Ali on Tuesday after facing backlash for showing support to a social media post that carried anti-Islam messaging.
The situation began when an X user posted a photo of herself holding a firearm while wearing a shirt featuring a women’s restroom symbol, with a caption directed at Islam. Rhodes responded to the post with a heart emoji and a rock-on hand emoji.
Ali, who is Muslim, quoted the interaction on X and said he respected Rhodes and his family, but found the show of support “really disappointing.”
Rhodes deleted his reaction and posted an apology, saying he had responded to the firearm in the photo without reading the caption. “I by no means, and you all know, I am not a racist person,” Rhodes wrote. “We all bleed red.”
He followed with a direct message to Ali. “My apologies,” Rhodes wrote. “I am not that person. Genuinely liked the photo. Did not read caption and don’t agree with that at all.”
Multiple outlets noted that Rhodes has a trans stepson and has previously voiced support for trans rights.
Ali Accepts The Apology
Ali accepted the apology while cautioning Rhodes about engaging with similar posts going forward. “I appreciate the apology, please be careful about anti-whatever rhetoric posts,” Ali wrote. “Normalizing it is dangerous for all of us. Be well, Dustin.”
Rhodes later said he was considering stepping away from X altogether. “Think I’m gonna quit this app,” he wrote, adding that he felt embarrassed and pointing followers toward his Instagram account instead.
The exchange comes a few months after Rhodes discussed his recovery from knee surgery and his plans for an eventual retirement match, and after he shut down speculation about a WWE return as Goldust earlier this year.




