All Elite Wrestling is currently broadcast on ITV4, a channel that is much more widely accessible on Freeview than WWE is on BT Sport (a paid channel). Cody wrote “this is some really positive/staggering data & research about our friends across the pond! @ITV / @AEW. Thanks to our incredible fans for such a successful first year of #AEWDynamite. We can’t wait to take the team over and wrestle there.”
Cody Rhodes on AEW’s UK Success
Here’s some of the bullet points from the infographic:
- AEW Dynamite is beating the first-run broadcast of all its competitors in the UK for audience volume
- Dynamite’s audience is 5 times that of NXT, double that of SmackDown and almost double of RAW
- It is also almost double the audience of Impact Wrestling; which had been airing in the same slot as Dynamite and also free-to-air channel.
- Dynamite benefits from reaching considerably more people than any of its competitors.
- Full episodes of Dynamite on ITV4 have reached 2.8m people, based on five plus consecutive minutes of viewing.