– As we’ve previously noted, two-time WWE Hall Of Famer Ric Flair is suing his former management, Legacy Talent and Entertainment, for an unreceived $25,000 as a result of the ESPN “30 For 30” special, as well as $12,000 from an endorsement deal. Legacy responded with a statement to TMZ Sports regarding these claims, and called Flair a liar after his recent accusations:
“Ric Flair has always been known to be dramatic and looking desperately for the spotlight,” Legacy Talent said. “That’s fine as a wrestler but it is despicable when he blatantly lies. As anyone who read [the Ric Flair Grantland article] knows, Ric has always left a trail of destruction in his wake whether it be from his ex wives, the IRS, creditors, or from his former business partners and friends… the debris is everywhere. Our client wishes Flair nothing but the best and is sad that things have come to this after over a decade of hard work and incredible results for their client.
“Our client provided Flair an accounting of funds as they always did throughout their representation,” Legacy Talent said. “Flair then demanded funds that belonged to buyers be released from trust that he had not yet earned and our client would not be bullied into doing anything unethical. In reality the $37,000 in dispute are in his management company’s trust account while we were working out a settlement on the sums of money owed our client from deals and money Flair hid from his management.”
– Former WCW President Eric Bischoff recently teased some big news on Twitter after stating “Game just changed. Stay tuned.” Yahoo reported that Bischoff was named the co-owner of the Cleveland Knights Championship Wrestling promotion. When asked about this by a fan, Bischoff flat out denied that claim – calling it ‘fake news’:
— Rob Ruiz (@MrRobRuiz) November 15, 2017
— Eric Bischoff (@EBischoff) November 15, 2017
Bischoff is, however, set to appear at the promotion’s “New World Rising” event on February 9, 2018 in Parma, Ohio. Tickets are available here.